Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
install while waiting for key
Scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2008 23:54 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased pd7, then changed my mind and asked for a refund, but they are taking a long time to credit the account... meanwhile i've discovered that i love the program and will repurchase it after they apply the credit (yeah i know, i'm indecisive). Will the software police come after me if i reinstall it and use it while i'm waiting for the credit!? I erased it from my computer per compliance with the refund agreement but don't want to wait forever for them to credit the account. I guess it is fair punishment for me to have to wait since i judged too quickly. PD7 is awesome
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I purchased pd7, then changed my mind and asked for a refund, but they are taking a long time to credit the account... meanwhile i've discovered that i love the program and will repurchase it after they apply the credit (yeah i know, i'm indecisive). Will the software police come after me if i reinstall it and use it while i'm waiting for the credit!? I erased it from my computer per compliance with the refund agreement but don't want to wait forever for them to credit the account. I guess it is fair punishment for me to have to wait since i judged too quickly. PD7 is awesome

Scott, once you requested a refund you are not entitled to have the software in any form on your PC. Delete it. You not entitled to support etc. Basically you are committing fraud and theft if you do retain or use the software.

Once you've paid and received for a second time PD7 only then are you entitled to have the software on your PC.

Good to know you changed your mind :D

Dafydd :D

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2008 03:45

Scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2008 23:54 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I did delete the full version, i'm still playing with a trial version though The credit will show up soon, so I'll be able to repurchase and download it and install again.

Just for the record, your instruction videos along with others are what changed my mind. Many of the best features of PD7 are not obvious at first glance to beginners like myself. Cyberlink and Digital River should link to them with emphasis in new customer emails and purchase receipts etc. - could go a long way to improve sales and minimize need for support

Thanks Dafydd

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Videos - thank you. Something is being done and I will pass on your comment.

Dafydd