Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio pops/clicks in PowerDirector Ultra v7
NanaPapawProductions14
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Oct 08, 2008 17:53 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I can't import a video from my camera harddrive or a DVD to my PC harddrive in order to work with it in PD7.

If I watch the video from the camera harddrive or DVD and import it into PD7, the audio is OK. If I drop it down into the timeline to edit, the audio distorts with pops/clicks.

I can copy a video from my camera's harddrive onto another PC and play it in Media Player and everything is OK. I can burn it to a DVD and play it in a DVD player and its OK. When I put it on the PC harddrive that has PD7 and try to play it, the pops/clicks are in the audio. Seems like anytime I put a video on the PC that has PD7 on it, the video has audio pops/clicks.

So far I've downloaded the newest build of PD7, downloaded/updated all Windows Updates/drivers for sound card/video card. I've been in contact with Tech Support and done everything they've told me to do. And I still can't edit a video in PD7 since all videos played in it from the PCs harddrive have pops/clicks in the audio.

Anybody had this problem and solved it yet? I'm at a loss. Right now, my video editing/production is dead in the water. HELP!
Scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2008 23:54 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I had same problem, was ready to give up. I'm sure you're aware that every install i different, but this is what fixed it for me.

I have xp, all service packs and updates, sound blaster live... everything imported clicked and popped... i have pd7 by the way, latest build... the solution for me was to download a codec pack... i have no idea why or how it worked, but i got klite's latest codec pack, and everything worked fine after that.

I'm not sure if links are allowed here, but google KLite Codec Pack... i think i got mine from freecodec dot com

hope that helps in some way,
Scott