Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitions - how to remove?
Laura [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2008 23:55 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I had several movie clips, some of them merely seconds long, and used the "apply random transitions to all" button. Well, I did that prematurely, and added a few more clips to my project. I'm having difficulty 1) selecting just the transitions to delete and 2) putting new transitions between added clips.

I'm still new at this.

Is there a way to delete ALL the transitions that are there right now, so I can start over with that part?

Thanks,
Laura
Scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2008 23:54 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
The only way I could figure out how to do it was to manually select select each transition and delete.

You may find it helpful to put your mouse over the timeline and right click and zoom in.

Once you select a clip, you can quickly navigate to the remaining by holding the CTRL key down and using the arrow keys.

I hope this helps
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Laura

Rather easy, try the following

1) highlight the first transition you want to remove in the time line with the cursor
2) hold the shift key and select the last transition you want to remove
3) all transitions will be highlighted in this time range, hit the delete key

Jeff
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
Awesome, thanks Jeff, that's much easier

Scott
Laura [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2008 23:55 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I got so caught up in my program crashing/losing my file to no-man's-land that I forgot to thank you kind folk in helping me learn these things.

So, Thank you.

Oh, and when there are short clips and transitions, it's really hard to make sure I click the right one. Is there a way to make things bigger down in the timeline? That way I can be sure I'm highlighting the transition and not my 20 second clip?

LOL, I'm always full of questions...

Laura
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
I zoom in by placing my mouse pointer directly over the timeline number, right click and select 'zoom in'
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Place your cursor over the time line index, it changes to a clockface with 2 arrows, right click and drag right or left and the timeline will expand or shrink.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
3rd way - bottom left slider bar with clock face below music track.

As usual with video editing there's many ways to do the same thing!

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
CSamson01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2018 22:38 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Laura

Rather easy, try the following

1) highlight the first transition you want to remove in the time line with the cursor
2) hold the shift key and select the last transition you want to remove
3) all transitions will be highlighted in this time range, hit the delete key

Jeff

I'm using Powerdirector 13.0, and this trick does not seem to work. Is it possible to select all transitions with this version of the software?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. It works for me. On step 3 right mouse click on the last transition highlighted and click del on the popup window.
CSamson01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes. It works for me. On step 3 right mouse click on the last transition highlighted and click del on the popup window.

When I hold the shift key, and select the last transition I want to remove with a left click, the software select the slides instead of the transitions. With a right click, the popup window appear, but only the last transition is selected.

I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bits. Is it possible that this bug is related to the exploitation system?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know about that exploitation system bug causing this behavior. I am also using win 7. After performing the steps 1,2,3 you quoted from Jeff it works for me and others on this forum. Maybe your hand is not steady and need to expand the timeline ruler and remove the transitions in smaller increments. That may work better for you.
CSamson01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don't know about that exploitation system bug causing this behavior. I am also using win 7. After performing the steps 1,2,3 you quoted from Jeff it works for me and others on this forum. Maybe your hand is not steady and need to expand the timeline ruler and remove the transitions in smaller increments. That may work better for you.

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I've tried all the suggestions you've made, but it still doesn't work. This is really strange. I can select multiple transitions using the ctrl key (by clicking on each one-by-one), so I'll used this method. It's just not very practical for long slide shows.

Thnaks again for your help!