Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 PIP Designer Lock on clicking motion tab
Scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2008 23:54 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
PD7 latest build, XP Pro latest updates.

I insert small avi file into overlay track, double click it to open the PIP Designer.

When I click on the motion tab (the second tab in the PIP Designer), PD locks up and I get the standard MS program error dialogue asking me to send info, etc. Program closes.

The AVI is standard 352 x 240 same as the aquarium avi, the aspect ratios are all set to 4:3.

Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks in advance
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
complete uninstall and reinstall of pd7 took care of it
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Scott for the update.

I know I've had issues with the placement of non-standard mpeg files and I wondered if you were having similar issues or with an unrecognised codec. As avi's have caused me a problem in the past I was concerned to find out more. Non-Standard frame size is one area that has caused issues for me - but I know the cause and the solution etc now

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 01. 2008 09:27

Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
it was an avi file generated by a very old version of Xara 3d. Was creating a revolving coin style logo that revolved while sliding across the screen. I'm at a loss as to the cause, it was a fresh install of xp as well as a newly purchased install of PD7; maybe just a corrupt file or possibly my video is bugging out. At any rate, the fresh install seems to have solved the problem, thank you.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, that sounds about right. A generated 3D avi. If it ever happens again, try the following workaround.
Put the avi in the main video track
Render it to a DV avi
Then bring the new avi back into PiP.

I've Xara 3D somewhere.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2008 03:50

Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just out of curiosity, I restored the original problem avi from a backup, tried to repeat the error - the first 2 times, it worked OK, then the error repeated on the third test. I tried your workaround with several avi from xara, and it worked every time, thank you