Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using SVRT track for editing of no help to me. Removed all complex transitions and simple NewBlue Titler Pro in this very short project, but it still hangs up on the Perspective Scroll title that I need and another spot consistently. Could it be the ClassicShell over Win 8.1? Or the video driver (latest installed)? Would reinstall all, except PD13 (upgrade) won't accept the product key for PD13 or several earlier versions. Alternative is switch to PD12, but does it run on Win 8.1?
Lowering resolution didn't help me either. Rendering seems to work okay; but the issue is with the preview, making it impossible to edit. There is a companion thread started by Netspeed that concerns the same problem.
I have the same annoying problem as Bluebeary. Mine specifically related to NewBlue Titler Pro and complex transitions. Have tried everything. Lowering preview resolution has no effect, although a bit of improvement achieved after lowering PC screen resolution to unacceptable 1024x768. Running i7-4700Q CPU, 16 GB RAM, GeForce 840M (347.52 driver), 1920x1080 resolution, Win 8.1 (w/ ClassicShell). Greatly appreciate any help.
You are 129% correct! Thanks! Reinstalling (or installing) the content pack actually fixed my problem, but I embarrassingly didn't relook in the Title Room for what I needed. I kept going back to the PIP object room. I even missed this when I reviewed the online tutorial trying to fix my problem! Senior moment(s)...
Many thanks for the very quick replies. I reinstalled (maybe installed for first time) the content pack and got the collection of PIPs that "Bubba in NV" shows. But the collection does not include a simple Default title PIP and still can't get a downloaded title PIP to be recognized. Got "Text Box Underlay" PIP to install, but not what I need. BTW, running Ultra on XP.
Can't find simple title PIP that I can install in PD9 like the "default" title PIP I had been using in PD8. My PD9 only has light bulb title in PIP library. Found several online, but they aren't recognized by PD9 even after I correctly follow the instructions and they are installed in proper Cyberlink folder. Can download and get other templates to install, but no 16:9 versions with a simple text box. Any ideas?
Updated my Nvidia drivers and all is well. Many thanks.
Similar problem, but I get to the Edit screen. I just installed ultraPD9 as a PD8 upgrade, and have encountered problems on a 32-bit XP system (company standard). Any file action locks up the program for this and future instances, and the only means I have found to recover is to reinstall. CPU use is roughly 30% during the period it is locked up. Also, it takes nearly 2 minutes to load - normal?.PD8 ran just fine. Any help appreciated.

---------------

After reinstalling several times and doing clean up, finally got past the blank edit screen. However, it still takes 2 minutes to load and an additional 5 minutes to initialize. After that is works fine. DxDiag.txt file attached.
After all remnants of PD7 and PD8 were tracked down and removed, PD8 installed fine. Took a while, but it was worth it. Thanks for all the help.
Problems running PD8 for first time after installing over PD7 using Vista. Error page says " The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please se the application event log for more detail". Would appreciate any clarification or guidance.
After installing PD8 over PD7 (Vista), got error when trying to run PD8 for first time. "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details". Need clarification, help, or at least directions on where to find the event log.
Reloading the clips probably best (maybe only) option; however, there are dozens of clips involved. Yes, I should have planned better, but got desperate to fix A/V sync problem throughout very long project. Was hoping that I wouldn't have to re-trim and reload all these clips. After I reload and reposition, I can re-split to eliminate nagging A/V sync problem. Thanks for the help.
Is it possible to recombine audio and video that has been split? Clips were originally split to solve A/V sync problem (quite successfully). Trying to reposition split A/V is very difficult unless someone has a suggestion, or it is possible to recombine.
I, too, am having problems with audio/video sync using PD7. Interestingly, created two 45-DVDs from some long, hi-res video tapes. Sync on one DVD is perfect, while poor on the other. If I preview a particular segment, all is fine. But once I add to the timeline and trim, the sync is off. This is completely repeatable. Using same quad-core for both, so PC speed shouldn't be a problem.

On a lesser note, I am unable to remove, hide, or edit the "My Videos" text on a DVD menu template. What am I doing wrong?
New HP Vista computer came preloaded with Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe. When trying to install PowerDirector, says I can't without removal of an installed Cyberlink program (presumed to be DVD Suite). Is there a way around this, or do I have to contact HP and try to subsequently reinstall DVD Suite?
Go to: