Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Version 9 crashes on startup
[Post New]
Jerry SNB;
Please consider updating your drivers to the new release. This has solved the problem for everyone in this post that has done it!
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Your drivers are well over 1 year old( 6/26/2009) and known to have issues with 64BIT machines
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jerry,

It seems that there are several people that were having problems with PD9 falling over during startup. It seems that updating your Nvideo graphic driver has helped many people so far.

Your drivers on your system were released on :
Driver Date/Size: 6/26/2009 I got this from the DxDiag file you provided.

The latest drivers from Nvidea for your graphic card were released:
Version: 260.99 WHQL
Release Date: 2010.10.25
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit
Language: English (U.S.)
File Size: 128 MB

I would suggest going to the Nvidea site and downloading the latest driver for your card. Here is the link:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-260.99-whql-driver.html

I hope it works out for you.

KEvin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Keving, you always have the perfect answer in the perfect moment. I just update my old Lenovo with Nvideo card and works fantastic. By the way, yo to have new PD9 release installed?
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting.

I'm running the "official" OEM driver for my machine, so I wouldn't think there'd be a conflict.

I will check out the NVIDIA drivers.

Thanks. Jerry Schwartz
[Post New]
Not a conflict..just an update to better handle the new 64bit technology..really...give it a shot. Make a restore point and download the new drivers. It supports your GeForce 9500 GS

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-260.99-whql-driver.html

Keep in touch and let us know the results!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 21. 2010 20:59

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting.

I'm running the "official" OEM driver for my machine, so I wouldn't think there'd be a conflict.

I will check out the NVIDIA drivers.

Thanks.

Windows will not look for updated drivers if all is well. If it is working then it is happy. Nvidea and ATI Radeon typically release a new driver version every month. But Windows won't update your current driver to the new one. I typically update manually every month.

Apparently Power Director 9 64-bit wants to have a specific level of driver to function properly.

Kevin
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ...Jerry,.....The latest drivers from Nvidea for your graphic card were released:
Version: 260.99 WHQL , Release Date: 2010.10.25 , Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit
Language: English (U.S.) , File Size: 128 MB
Its perfect and works!
Zamora18314 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2008 17:23 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Updated my Nvidia drivers and all is well. Many thanks.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
And I would like to make sure that FredB gets a BIG thank you from everyone for figuring the driver thingy out to stop the crashing at startup!!!
It sure has solved the problem for almost everyone I think.

We in the forum frequently spit out answers that we have seen before that solve a problem and help other users. So I have been spitting it out as fast as I can!!

I am sure that Fred doesn't mind that I put write this....do you Fred? We have a great bunch of people in this forum...what a team!!

Warm Regards,

Kevin
[Post New]
No credit needed. I was just sharing the "burn marks" I have left over from other upgrading attempts.

Glad that it appears to be helping resolve issues and without a Cap'n of the ship, WHAT ARE WE?!!
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I just updated my NVIDIA drivers and PowerDirector now launches.

Normally I would have stayed up-to-date with drivers, but this is my first branded system so I was reluctant to stray from the manufacturer's customized offerings.

Thanks. Jerry Schwartz
NicolasNY
[Post New]
FredB Thanks for reminding us that from time to time we need to update our drivers.

Kevin, you just ready to PD9 tutorials, please let us know to give them a look.