Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem installing PD over DVD Suite Deluxe
Zamora18314 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2008 17:23 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
New HP Vista computer came preloaded with Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe. When trying to install PowerDirector, says I can't without removal of an installed Cyberlink program (presumed to be DVD Suite). Is there a way around this, or do I have to contact HP and try to subsequently reinstall DVD Suite?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 02. 2008 16:00

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

PowerDirector 7 will NOT remove DVD Suite. It will however replace specific programs with an upgraded version. In your case it will be PhotoNow and you will need to agree to this as PowerDirector 7 and PhotoNow are integrated, rely on each other at some point.

DVD Suite contains a version (an Express version) of PowerDirector and this will remain on your PC and be accessible.

PowerDirector 7 installs and DVD Suite remains. Use PD7.

Hope that helps.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I believe I understand what you are saying but I'm wondering if I will run into trouble because my installation was the reverse of the one described earlier.

I had the full version of PD7 Ultra (w/ PhotoNow) installed and then more recently installed DVD Suite 7 Ultra on the same machine. During the installation process it warned that I "must" remove PD7 and PhotoNow. I choose not to do so and continued the DVD Suite installation.

Should I be concerned?
[Post New]
Here's a response from CyberLink Tech Support:

"We request you to please first install the CyberLink DVD Suite then install the PowerDirector 7 Ultra because in CyberLink DVD Suite there is a version of PowerDirector OEM version and after the installation of CyberLink DVD Suite when you install the full version of PowerDirector 7 then it will upgrade the previous version of PowerDirector on your computer."