Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have restarted my PC a few times, done some cleanup of the hard drive.
Now ColorDirector can be opened from PowerDirector...?
PhotoDirector still will not open from PowerDirector.
I'll check to see if there is any other cleanup that I can do.
Maybe that is the problem...?
Yes, I do.

Check one stupid question off the list
Just installed and updated Director Suite. Trying to edit video and photos from PowerDirector with ColorDirector and PhotoDirector. Neither will open from PowerDirector although they will open if opened OUTSIDE of PowerDirector.

AudioDirector opens OK from PowerDirector. Anybody else had this problem or know the fix?

PowerDirector 12.0.2420.0
SR # VDE131113-01

Hardware:
AMD Phenom II X6 1035T 2.6Ghz
8GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD5700

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the input. I'm in a pickle right now because I'm burning DVDs for sale. How can I be confident that my customers won't be returning them because they won't play in their home DVD players?

This is really becoming an emotional drain. Just when I think I've got PowerDirector figured out, I catch a curveball out of nowhere...
I burned my first Double Layer DVD. It plays OK in one of my home DVD Players, but the other one can't play it. It says there's "a disc error and playback features are unavailable".

The manual for this DVD player says it plays Double-Layer DVDs, but it won't play mine. I've made more than one copy in case I just had a bad DVD. No copies will play.

I burned this with PowerDirector Ultra Ver. 7. Anybody else had a problem with Double-Layer DVDs not playing?
Yes, MS Word gives the option of text direction (left-to-right/right-to-left) and PD7 doesn't.

I'll check for a utility on the Web to do it. I had thought maybe PD7 would do it and I just didn't know how to get to it.

Thanks!
Thanks. I have done that so far but it's a pain to have to do.

I was hoping there was a way to do it without so much manipulation on my part.
I need to place Hebrew text onto some titles. I can cut and paste what I need from MS Word onto the Title Designer in PD7 but it reverses the order of the text so it reads left-to-right like English instead of right-to-left like Hebrew is supposed to.

Anybody know how to get right-to-left fonts into Title Designer without it reversing the order of letters?

Thanks!
Am I the only one with a JVC Everio camera that's having this problem...?

Wow, that's embarrassing....
When I try to merge clips there is a 1/4 second to 1/2 second pause where the clips join. The video is seamless, but the audio drops out. The audio doesn't get out of synch, it just drops out totally during the transition from 1 clip to the next.

So far, I haven't found a workaround and Cyberlink Tech Support thinks the answer is downloading the latest build. I think I've downloaded 3 new builds in the last 3 months and nothing changes.

My digital camera (JVC Everio) creates multiple video clips even when you're shooting continuous video so I ALWAYS have multiple video clips to merge on every project.

This is getting frustrating. Anyone else have this problem?
Jim,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've managed to resolve the audio/video sync problem by producing the video and, once the production file is created, closing the project, opening up a new blank project and importing the production file into it. Then I can create a disc in the new project. This eliminates the audio/video sync problem.

I still have an audio drop-out of about 1/4 second where the 2 video files connect. I can watch the video on my camera and there is no break in the audio so I know the audio is there. This must be an artifact of something PD7 is doing. Not sure what I'll have to do to get rid of the drop-out.
I have the latest version of PD7. My camera stores video on a hard drive in 3GB chunks. My video is over an hour long so I'm working on a video that has two files.

Everything works great until I try to create a disc. I can produce my video and watch the production file and everything is OK. Whenever I create the disc, there is a skip between the files. The video has a small skip, but the audio skips a beat and after that, the audio is a half-second behind the video.

I've tried burning discs at a lower rate with the same result.

But I'm wondering why the audio moves in relation to the video?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
I can't import a video from my camera harddrive or a DVD to my PC harddrive in order to work with it in PD7.

If I watch the video from the camera harddrive or DVD and import it into PD7, the audio is OK. If I drop it down into the timeline to edit, the audio distorts with pops/clicks.

I can copy a video from my camera's harddrive onto another PC and play it in Media Player and everything is OK. I can burn it to a DVD and play it in a DVD player and its OK. When I put it on the PC harddrive that has PD7 and try to play it, the pops/clicks are in the audio. Seems like anytime I put a video on the PC that has PD7 on it, the video has audio pops/clicks.

So far I've downloaded the newest build of PD7, downloaded/updated all Windows Updates/drivers for sound card/video card. I've been in contact with Tech Support and done everything they've told me to do. And I still can't edit a video in PD7 since all videos played in it from the PCs harddrive have pops/clicks in the audio.

Anybody had this problem and solved it yet? I'm at a loss. Right now, my video editing/production is dead in the water. HELP!
Jeff,

I bit the bullet and produced the video. The pops/clicks were there. Do you know if there any known software conflicts that might produce this kind of audio problem?

Thanks,
Kevin
Hi Jeff,

This is really bugging me. I can watch the DVD and import the VOB files(either from the DVD or after copying to HD) and watch it with no problems. The pops/click show up whenever I drop the video onto the Timeline. After that, when I play the video, the audio problems show up. Very frustrating...

As far as the different players, I was trying to eliminate any hardware problems that might be happening, so I have 2 DVD players in my computer and tried importing from both.

I haven't tried producing a video yet because I didn't want to burn a coaster...
PowerDirector Ultra V7.00.2105
I'm importing video from a DVD(VOB format). Everything is fine on the import. I can play the video and it looks/sounds correct. When I drop the video onto the timeline, however, the audio has loud random pops/clicks all through the track. I have enough processing power(3.5 GHz) and enough memory(1 GB) so I don't think it's an equipment problem. I've tried importing from different DVD players and I get the same thing so I don't think it's the DVD. I'm running WinXP.

Has anybody run into this or know how to correct it?

Thanks,
Dazed & Confused
Go to: