Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pops/Clicks in audio
NanaPapawProductions14
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Oct 08, 2008 17:53 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I'm importing video from a DVD(VOB format). Everything is fine on the import. I can play the video and it looks/sounds correct. When I drop the video onto the timeline, however, the audio has loud random pops/clicks all through the track. I have enough processing power(3.5 GHz) and enough memory(1 GB) so I don't think it's an equipment problem. I've tried importing from different DVD players and I get the same thing so I don't think it's the DVD. I'm running WinXP.

Has anybody run into this or know how to correct it?

Thanks,
Dazed & Confused
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Kevin

What version of PowerDirector please?

Jeff
NanaPapawProductions14
[Post New]
PowerDirector Ultra V7.00.2105
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Kevin,

I can't seem to replicate your issue. I tried with several of my own project VOB files, and purchased movie VOB files. I asked PD version as I did have some issues in an earlier version of PD. When you say importing from different players, what do you mean? Are you by chance importing the VOB files directly from the DVD's? If so, you should always move the VOB files from the DVD to your HD and then import from there.

Secondly, if you produce to a file, say mpeg2, HQ profile, with the imported VOB's on the timeline, does the produced file pop and click?

Jeff
NanaPapawProductions14
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

This is really bugging me. I can watch the DVD and import the VOB files(either from the DVD or after copying to HD) and watch it with no problems. The pops/click show up whenever I drop the video onto the Timeline. After that, when I play the video, the audio problems show up. Very frustrating...

As far as the different players, I was trying to eliminate any hardware problems that might be happening, so I have 2 DVD players in my computer and tried importing from both.

I haven't tried producing a video yet because I didn't want to burn a coaster...
NanaPapawProductions14
[Post New]
Jeff,

I bit the bullet and produced the video. The pops/clicks were there. Do you know if there any known software conflicts that might produce this kind of audio problem?

Thanks,
Kevin
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
I suggest that if you have not already, you both should definitely contact technical support, http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/service/technical-support.do and get some assistance.

Jeff