Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with 'Create Disc' inPD7
NanaPapawProductions14
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Oct 08, 2008 17:53 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I have the latest version of PD7. My camera stores video on a hard drive in 3GB chunks. My video is over an hour long so I'm working on a video that has two files.

Everything works great until I try to create a disc. I can produce my video and watch the production file and everything is OK. Whenever I create the disc, there is a skip between the files. The video has a small skip, but the audio skips a beat and after that, the audio is a half-second behind the video.

I've tried burning discs at a lower rate with the same result.

But I'm wondering why the audio moves in relation to the video?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Jim Clark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2008 18:40 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Whenever I've had audio out of sync with the video, I've split the audio from the clip. The result is in sync.

I don't know if this will effect your project the same way, but it is worth a try.

Jim Clark Jim Clark
NanaPapawProductions14
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Oct 08, 2008 17:53 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Jim,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've managed to resolve the audio/video sync problem by producing the video and, once the production file is created, closing the project, opening up a new blank project and importing the production file into it. Then I can create a disc in the new project. This eliminates the audio/video sync problem.

I still have an audio drop-out of about 1/4 second where the 2 video files connect. I can watch the video on my camera and there is no break in the audio so I know the audio is there. This must be an artifact of something PD7 is doing. Not sure what I'll have to do to get rid of the drop-out.