Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hebrew Font
NanaPapawProductions14
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Oct 08, 2008 17:53 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I need to place Hebrew text onto some titles. I can cut and paste what I need from MS Word onto the Title Designer in PD7 but it reverses the order of the text so it reads left-to-right like English instead of right-to-left like Hebrew is supposed to.

Anybody know how to get right-to-left fonts into Title Designer without it reversing the order of letters?

Thanks!
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
As a last resort, spell your text phrase backwards like

Have a nice day = yad ecin a evaH

Then the 'bug' will flip it again for you If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
NanaPapawProductions14
[Post New]
Thanks. I have done that so far but it's a pain to have to do.

I was hoping there was a way to do it without so much manipulation on my part.
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
Do I presume your text editors like Microsoft Office work this way because you select the Country Code or something and Cyberlink does not offer such during install? How do other programs like Paint behave?

You might need to Google the web for a simple utility to reverse all the text in a document and then cut-n-paste the strings into PDR If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
NanaPapawProductions14
[Post New]
Yes, MS Word gives the option of text direction (left-to-right/right-to-left) and PD7 doesn't.

I'll check for a utility on the Web to do it. I had thought maybe PD7 would do it and I just didn't know how to get to it.

Thanks!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kevin -

One way around it might be to avoid using the title track for that font. What about...

1. Type your text in Hebrew font, so it looks correct on the screen (in a text editor - Word or whatever). Make the page a contrasting colour to your text.
2. Take a screen shot of the page.
3. Edit (crop etc) the screen shot in Paint.net - available free at http://www.getpaint.net/
4. In Paint - click on the "wand" to make the background transparent (you may need to adjust the tolerance)
5. Save it as a png file to retain transparency.
6. Back in PD - import the png file and place it in the PIP track... then modify it to your liking.

It will look like a title - and there are plenty of animation effects you could apply.

Shalom -

Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2009 15:50

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!