Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems Burning Double-Layer DVDs
NanaPapawProductions14
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Oct 08, 2008 17:53 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I burned my first Double Layer DVD. It plays OK in one of my home DVD Players, but the other one can't play it. It says there's "a disc error and playback features are unavailable".

The manual for this DVD player says it plays Double-Layer DVDs, but it won't play mine. I've made more than one copy in case I just had a bad DVD. No copies will play.

I burned this with PowerDirector Ultra Ver. 7. Anybody else had a problem with Double-Layer DVDs not playing?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Kevin -

Some DVD players are fussy about what they'll play - and it's often not related to how good they are or what you paid for them.

The offending player obviously plays discs in other formats, so (despite what the manual says) it sounds like a compatability issue.

I know that doesn't help you, but I have the same problem with different players I use... it's just how it is.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 20. 2009 16:14

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
NanaPapawProductions14
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Oct 08, 2008 17:53 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the input. I'm in a pickle right now because I'm burning DVDs for sale. How can I be confident that my customers won't be returning them because they won't play in their home DVD players?

This is really becoming an emotional drain. Just when I think I've got PowerDirector figured out, I catch a curveball out of nowhere...