Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I think that's a good way or being able to quickly find and re-create all your tags and favorites should the issue happen again with any future updates.

I also think it's terrible that (apparently) nobody at CL thought to test for this issue, and that you're basically forced into taking the extra time and effort just so you can continue editing.

On another note, I have sometimes seen the pop-up asking whether to keep or remove personalized settings, but I typically don't see it (even when uninstalling).

I also don't know if A) there's a reliable way to get that message so the settings can be retained; or B) what PD does with those settings if the message does not appear.

I certainly don't recall see that message when applying an update, but it does seem to show up when a brand new version is released (eg PD365/21 from PD365/20)

Hello

Yes your correct when a new Powerdirector version is released then it does give the option

I think there should be that option in every case of an update (for me its a nuisance as hobbyist) but imagine if someone is using this for their paid work?
There should be a clear path showing you where these favourites and user custom presets are kep and an auto back up (like the projects)
And a file to upload to the company for them to check the software
Really difficult to actually feedback to CL,on there suggestions

Kept thinking it was me,and something I missed (I wasted 2hrs of my day off )looking for a solution

I have sent some detailed feedback to CL outlining my issues and some improvement suggestions

Thanks again,have a good day Optodata
Quote Glad you were able to get that done.

I think I haven't noticed this issue because I don't usually tag or favorite things, but I'm sure I had a half-dozen titles favorited at one point and that's empty now. I also didn't see any obvious external file where PD stored that info, so it might be worth reporting this to CL directly so they can figure out what's happening.

Hi Optodata

Thank you

Yes I sent a support ticket to CL tech support today.I have signed for another year of PD 365 ,as its greta value for money

But I did include in my ticket, the steps I took to remedy the situation

Today spent close of 2 hrs today (on my day off work) trying to find where the favourites and custom tags were,located.
.And if I had missed a checkbox,that allows me to keep/migrate my settings ,found nothing
The backup files is on in the preferences,but that only the projects

As a stop gap,I am going to make a project with the most used graphics etc on that.Re-instate the ones I use often back into favourites

Use the project as a backup ,if and when another update comes along,I can easily grab them to transfer over

Far from ideal but a solution,what do you think?

Hi,

So, to be clear, you don't actually "lose" anything, but the tags and favorite IDs are not carried over from one update to another, but they can be "rebuilt", either from memory or by reference to an older project etc.
Have I got that correct?

Do you know if you kept your personal setting on the update (if that was an option)?

So far in my testing, the only way I can re-produce the loss of Favorites and Tags is to Uninstall through Control Panel, Do not keep personal settings, Reinstall through CAM, Do not keep settings from Previous Version of PDR when launching, and so ending up with a "clean" PDR with no personalisation.

Since I have no prior release or new update version to play with to see what happens under "normal" circumstances, that's about as far as I can go - until a new update is released, I'm afraid.

I would recommend raising a support ticket with CL to raise the issue (link in signature below) and see if they can reproduce it with your information.

It would be interesting to see if any other user has the same issue?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hello
Yes correct my favourites and custom are not carried over from one update to the other
I didnt see an option to keep my personal setting as expected.I always have to re tag and favourite my things from an older project and /or from memory

I havent un-installed PD365,only follwed update via the control panel,as far as I can see there is no option to keep or transfer my custom/favourite from one to the other
Quote Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think PD moves anything to a "favorites" folder or a "tagged" folder. I think it simply keeps track of which clips you've marked that way and for some reason, that database is either lost or ignored when you upgraded.

In other words, I don't think you've lost any of those items, and you should be able to open up some older projects where you remember using them and re-tag and re-favorite them.

I'll do some checking later today to see if I can find where it keeps the list(s) just in case there's a way to recover that(them)

Thank you

Yes to confirm that I had favorited some sketches,titles etc into the Favourite folder (the ones I use often

Then I created a tag for my Custom templates I use too

Since this update my favorites and Custom template tag is now gone

I have done what you said beofre,that is open up an older project and re-tagged and favourited them

Personally I think this is a crazy way of working,having to do all that work.When the update should leave everything in place
Or a way of prompting to back up favourite and my custom template

Thank you very much for helping me (just got home form work 9pm BST here)
This is very frustrating,since my subscription has now expired.

I like using Powerdirector 365 but I am very frustrated that this issue is ongoing and no permenant solution has been found

Using a PC and on Windows 10 64 bit where do I find my custom and favourite folders ?

Hope to find and create backups for them.The software didnt prompt me wither to back up my essential files either

I have backups for my videos I created though

Hi,

For completness can you specify the exact version of PDR you have the issue with?
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97579.page#post_box_392512

You had a similar problem back in 2022 []https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97632.page#post_box_392610]
I'm not sure how that was resolved, but is this similar, or something completely different?

Could you specify your custom presets and templates more exactly - they will most likely be saved in specific folders depending on what they are, such as LUTs , color presets etc.

The more detail you can give the better.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hello
Sorry was getting ready for work. Version 21.4.28120

Its was My favourites folder I saved social media (Youtube ),sketches,etc into .Now there is nothing

Also created a tag Ones I use often ,there is nothing now

Yes before what I did was to create the graphics in a video and then to copy them over as a backup.to my favourites folder.Each time I upgrade to a new version I get this problem

And a permanet solution has not been found. Where would the presets be on my Windows 10 PC

Thank you
Hi everyone

Just updated to the latest version of Powerdirector 365, now all my custom presets and templates are gone! What the hell!!

Can I find then anywhere and restore them?

I thought the custom presets stay put and transfer across when you update.Its a right pain in the bum,having to go through all this each time I update!

Im on a WIndow 10 PC 64 BIT system. I might have to raise a support ticket too

Appreciate any help,thanks
Thanks everyone

Probably keep to my orginal yearly subscription,wait till this October and then review my situation again

I dont fancy watermarks on my videos for my Youtube channel

A shame we cant customise Powerdirector 365 by paying for what you use only,

But either way its a great product for sure
Hi Everyonesmile

I'm enjoying using Powerdirector 365 for making videos for my Youtube channel.
But the thing is.I am not makking use using all the features,t , such as graphics etc,etc

Only for basic editing etc. Bit of video quality tweaking,maybe some sound tweaks too

Now,while the cost is OK and sensible, I am not getting much value for money from my subscription sadly. And got to cut costs somehow

I got some questions that you may be able to help me with

Is there a cheaper less feature packed video editor from this company that I could swap to?

Or do keep to what I got ?

I had a look at the website but could not see anything suitable

Cheers

David
Quote If the clips in the time line are small it is indeed very difficult to place the transition correctly. What I do is enlarge the clips by clicking on the + in the left bottom corner below the timeline. Also look at how it is explained in the manual:
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/21/win/enu/15_04_00_setting_transition_be.html?q=behavior

Thanks a lot Warry ,much appreciated
Hellolaughing

Been trying to figure out how to place transitons into my videos.I have looked over a couple of videos but these are for an older version

I know about the dragging and dropping the transiton onto the end of the video clip .But cannot seem to get them at the right point.Unless I am doing something worng

Appreciate any advice,thank you

Yes thats a great tip, I have tried that,much better. I have used the "view entire video button" top left of the timeline

What I had done is to create splits in my video.Where I want the transiton to start and then drop the tansition to the right spot

Just trying on older video first of course,he,he
Thanks Warry For the information, really helpful

Yeah I bought PD365 as it was on offer,as a subsubscription And I wanted a decent video editor for my Youtube videos that I upload to my channel which is a hobby for me

Yes this PD365 is a bit overkill for sure,but wanted to make sure I invested in something decent, and future proof

But I like the features in this including the graphics for my tutorials etc

As to my drives,yeah ,my bad I didnt include them,in my orginal post,sorry about that.

I have my own bought internal SSD drive 1TB , as the main drive I have the orginal computers HDD drive as a backup for files,its tiny 500GB,

My external Seagate drive is 6TB and is home to my music libaries I use for my music production. I have other flash drives for files and stuff

Thanks again for your time and trouble explaining this stuff to me,really apprecited

Thanks again

David
Hi

So I have an refurbished older windows PC, Dell Optiplex 9010. with the following specs

Windows 10 Pro 64bit. 16 GB RAM, Intel i5-3570 cpu @ 3.40Ghz. The graphics card is an Intel HD 2500 graphics card

I know this PC is not as powerful as the modern ones today,but its what I could afford at the time

My situation is that I produce musc and technical tutorial type videos for music production for my Youtube channel
and I like to use graphics /pointers from time to time

What settings do I need to adjust so my CPU is not overloaded? And enables quicker produce times for tjhe videos. Im not looking for ultra high quality videos

I have the produce section set to MP4 type videos. Powerdiector 365 is set to optimize for my PC specs

And I don't have much experience in this,so would appreciate any advice,

Many thanks
Hello

Just wondering if there is a way of reverting to Powerdirector 20?

Only after the upgrade I have lost my custom text templates,don't know where they have gone.

Even though I have saved and checked my preferences etc

I have been contacted by a moderator with some helpful advice (see my other post) And just sent off a ticket to support too

So I thought of asking this while I wait to hear back

Any advice would be welcome,

thanks

Hi,

1st thing to check is if you discarded your personal settings during the upgrade?

On the assumption you didn't discard them you can check here:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0 (or order versions)

If they are present in the appropriate folders then you can do the following:
Close any version of PDR running
Navigate to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0
Backup/take a copy the existing PDR21 folder for security

Navigate to your older version folder
Copy all the sub-folders in the old version folder to the PDR21 folder
Launch PDR
Check if that gets them back for you

I've attached the way it looks on my system just by way of example.

If that doesn't work for you, and the issue persists, contact Customer Service (link in the signature below) and let them take a look.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hello.Thankyou for reaching out
I have made sure my personal settings were checked before installing the new version of powerdirector
and I have followed your instructions carefully
Sadly its still the same issue (I have 3 custom templates
I will contact customer services
Thank you again
Hello

I have updated to the latest version of Powerdirector version 21

Now I have discovered my custom text templates have gone!! I have no clue as to where they have gone

Im keen to get them back as I have videos and thumbnails to use them on

Greatful for any help

Thanks
Hello

This is kind of embarrasing, as I should know this, but my day job gets in the way often ha,ha.

So here goes

Ok so I use several graphics often for my Youtube videos, is it better to use favourites for each room?
or to create custom tags?

I really enjoy using PD 365 but there are so many graphics, that I dont use.And would like to be much more organised and quicker at selecting and editing

Appreciate the advice,thank you

Sometimes it may help to see someone else do it on a video clip. See this old tutorial: https://youtu.be/OdqScgItitw .

Thank you

So I have had a play with some older videos.And I realised I have to click on the playhead bar before adding a keyframe,otherewise it moves out of postion

Now my problem is 2 fold

One is how to postion the zoom in and out correctly on my video (guess it timing)

How to create a medium,fast zoom in and out.

Pretty sure its placement of keyframes in Crop,Zoom and Pan.I been using Powerdirector a few months.but not the Crop ,Zoom and Pan tool
Quote What tool and method are you using to do this?

Hello

Crop ,Zoom and Pan tools
Quote When you say "the zoom feature", what exactly do you mean?

Are you saying you have a video of, say, a phone and you want to digitally scale up the image so you can see only one icon on the phone's face?

That's possible to do -- but it you will have a resolution issue so you won't be able to maintain the image's sharpness.

But before we go there, can you clarify what exactly your goal is? What effect are you trying to achieve?

And can you confirm whether you are trying to zoom in on a photo or a video?

Hello

Yeah I am a bit vague got this filthy cold right now

Ok so,I want to zoom in and out on part sof my video I am editing.But having a hard time using the zoom function

As in placing the zoom in the correct place then zooming back out again

Either its too fast,too slow or the zoom is in the wrong place

Thank you
Go to: