Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 360, organising tags
Ambientdave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 13, 2021 07:24 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

This is kind of embarrasing, as I should know this, but my day job gets in the way often ha,ha.

So here goes

Ok so I use several graphics often for my Youtube videos, is it better to use favourites for each room?
or to create custom tags?

I really enjoy using PD 365 but there are so many graphics, that I dont use.And would like to be much more organised and quicker at selecting and editing

Appreciate the advice,thank you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 30. 2022 05:45

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
The usage of favorites and custom tags.
My take would be (and that is how I use them) that custom tags can be added if the tags as supplied by CL are not sufficient OR
if there are a series of projects that use a set or range of effects I want to access fast. Tags likes: I always use these, or this is the range I am using, don’t mix them with other.
I use the favorites when I have selected a number of effects I may be using in the current or the current few projects. I want to be able to select and change to compare. It is easy to select them (click the heart) and It is easier if the potential effects (titles, particles etc.) are packed together, rather than scattered all over the place.
So, I use favorites more than the tags. But the usage is very personal, and I think that is precisely why they are available.