Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Zoom action in Powerdirector 365
Ambientdave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 13, 2021 07:24 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
HI Everyone

I just cannot get the hang of using the zoom function,maybe Im old,lol. I just cannot see to zoom in or out at the right place and time
Powerdirector365 is great,apart from this zoom in and out stuff,not long had this thought.

Been practising on old videos

Dont know why there cant be a simpler way of zooming in and out,like a plus or minus shortcut key

I want to use the zoom function,as I have my own Youtube channel and aware of how small the details are on say a smart phone or tablet,or laptop
Appreciate any advice to make my life a bit sweeter,ha,ha

Thanks
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
When you say "the zoom feature", what exactly do you mean?

Are you saying you have a video of, say, a phone and you want to digitally scale up the image so you can see only one icon on the phone's face?

That's possible to do -- but it you will have a resolution issue so you won't be able to maintain the image's sharpness.

But before we go there, can you clarify what exactly your goal is? What effect are you trying to achieve?

And can you confirm whether you are trying to zoom in on a photo or a video?
Ambientdave [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote When you say "the zoom feature", what exactly do you mean?

Are you saying you have a video of, say, a phone and you want to digitally scale up the image so you can see only one icon on the phone's face?

That's possible to do -- but it you will have a resolution issue so you won't be able to maintain the image's sharpness.

But before we go there, can you clarify what exactly your goal is? What effect are you trying to achieve?

And can you confirm whether you are trying to zoom in on a photo or a video?

Hello

Yeah I am a bit vague got this filthy cold right now

Ok so,I want to zoom in and out on part sof my video I am editing.But having a hard time using the zoom function

As in placing the zoom in the correct place then zooming back out again

Either its too fast,too slow or the zoom is in the wrong place

Thank you
StevenG [Avatar]
[Post New]
What tool and method are you using to do this?
Ambientdave [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What tool and method are you using to do this?

Hello

Crop ,Zoom and Pan tools
StevenG [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm sorry but without more details I can't be of much help.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Crop ,Zoom and Pan tools

Sometimes it may help to see someone else do it on a video clip. See this old tutorial: https://youtu.be/OdqScgItitw .
Ambientdave [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sometimes it may help to see someone else do it on a video clip. See this old tutorial: https://youtu.be/OdqScgItitw .

Thank you

So I have had a play with some older videos.And I realised I have to click on the playhead bar before adding a keyframe,otherewise it moves out of postion

Now my problem is 2 fold

One is how to postion the zoom in and out correctly on my video (guess it timing)

How to create a medium,fast zoom in and out.

Pretty sure its placement of keyframes in Crop,Zoom and Pan.I been using Powerdirector a few months.but not the Crop ,Zoom and Pan tool

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 02. 2021 05:29