Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cross for me too, smooth and effortless. Not too flash, a nice simple easy on the eye transition.
Hi There,

I have upgraded from an OEM version of PD6 to PD7 Build 1915, I used the OEM upgrade version on the Cyberlink website: http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/cyberstore/order_4_ENU.html
I did not use PD6 much however there are many more features check out the seemyworld website and look at this video: http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/85/powerdirector-7-user-interface-1/
If you search there are many more demo videos there.
If you have not upgraded already hope this helps
Kev
I think you are probably right, thanks for your help thus far I will wait to see what the guru has to say!!
Just to note the trial version will not import the wma file either, they play ok in the windows media player, when played in the vlc media player there is no sound, thanks kev
I have managed to reinstall the trial version i downloaded but now have limited access and cannot produce anything without the watermark. I cannot understand why the trial version downloaded ok and has not corrupted yet the full version takes so long and so many attempts to download, can i get a hard copy in New Zealand? Thanks Kev
I am in trouble now

Attempted to do reinstall:

a; actioned the unistall programme and unistalled power director
b; attempted to remove the file powewr director in the hkey_local_machine folder and encountered an error and would not delete
c; deleted the power director folder in hkey_current_user successfully
d; There was no power director folder to delete in c:\programs files\cyberlink\
e; Rebooted computor
f; attempted to reinstall software, I stored the download on a pen drive and in my hard drive. Both attempts from these places resulted in a failure due to the message unable to read package contaents as they are corrupt.
It took me approxamatly 18 hours and about 6 or 7 attempts to download the software last time so i am not looking forward to doing it again, nor do i know how to without having to pay again.

I have a HP Pavillion laptop DV5 running vista with a broadband connection. I downloaded pd7 version 1915
Thanks Kev
Thanks, the files do play normally in the windows media player, and if i convert them to mpg they instal in the library and play in the timeline ok, so a reinstall sounds like the way to go first. Do i need to back up my work up as I have several projects on the go in power director. Thanks Kev
Thanks for the advice!
For some reason (pd7 ultra latest build) I cannot import wma music files, I am sure I have done it earlier, the programme sees the files however comes up with an error messge just saying the media file encoutered an error when trying to open, any ideas what I am doing wrong? thanks Kev
Hi,
Is there a particular dvd type that is gauranteed to playback on any dvd player, that I can place my finished and produced movies on? I am in a PAL region so only worried about that format. Thanks
Hi, How do you make the moving objects like in Dafydd's opening shot with the world and words, I wish to do the same but with a different picture and words. Thanks.
Thanks, not recieved email yet, I have found and downloaded the convertor and converted my first successful seemyworld video!!! I used your see my world template with the 640x360 560kbps. It shrunk from half a gig to about 40mb and took about 11mins to upload, however the playback seems a bit poor, maybe its because i am moving camcorder to fast for streaming or i need to up the quality of conversion to the HD template and make shorter films!
What do you think? your advice would again be appreciated.
Many thanks Kev
Hi Thanks for previous the advice, I am now having problems doing the conversion to flash. I am producing my movie in mpeg2 format in the dvdhq quality setting at about 560mb. When i convert to flash by inputing the file into the wm converter and hitting the convert button it ghoes through the process and says it is finised. It leaves the file in the window but cannot play the file as it says there is no player in the computor to play the file. It also does not save the file anywhere. I cannot upload the mpeg2 movie as it is bigger than allowed and would take hours! Alsowhen i produce any movies it always saves it as produce, if I change its name in my folders then PD7 will no longer open it or recognise it, can I change its name in PD7. Thanks
Hi Thanks for the advice, I am now having problems doing the conversion to flash. I am producing my movie in mpeg2 format in the dvdhq quality setting at about 560mb. When i convert to flash by inputing the file into the wm converter and hitting the convert button it ghoes through the process and says it is finised. It leaves the file in the window but cannot play the file as it says there is no player in the computor to play the file. It also does not save the file anywhere. I cannot upload the mpeg2 movie as it is bigger than allowed and would take hours! Alsowhen i produce any movies it always saves it as produce, if I change its name in my folders then PD7 will no longer open it or recognise it, can I change its name in PD7. Thanks
Hi All
Another new user, with another probably silly question, how do I upload a finished PD7 Ultra movie into seemyworld. I have tried and it comes up with a filename error message, all I do is browse my computor find the PDS file and hit upload. Any help would be great and also what downloads do you recommed from the seemyworld extras page. Thanks Kev
Go to: