Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upload to seemyworldonvideo
Kevin Medri
Newbie Location: Oxford, New Zealand Joined: Aug 17, 2008 06:18 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All
Another new user, with another probably silly question, how do I upload a finished PD7 Ultra movie into seemyworld. I have tried and it comes up with a filename error message, all I do is browse my computor find the PDS file and hit upload. Any help would be great and also what downloads do you recommed from the seemyworld extras page. Thanks Kev

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25. 2008 11:32

Running AMD Turion Dual Core Mobile RM-70 2.00Ghz, 3.00GB Ram, Win Vista 32Bit Service Pack 2, 256 dedicated graphics, on a HP Pavillion Laptop.
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome,
First, did you join SMWOV? Most likely yes, just checking.
You must make the movie file first, then upload that file. PDS files are just the roadmaps for the program to assemble the various bits and pieces of your project.

Stick with normal letters and numbers when naming the file.

Did you render to FLASH? You will be amazed at how smooth a video can run if you convert it to FLASH. Use PD to create the MPEG2 file, then use WM converter to go FLASH (FLV).
EXTRAS!
* "Videolan" player, it would play a piano if you could jam it in there!
* "WM Converter" for beginner at video file conversions, "Super" or
"Pazera" if you are more advanced.
* "Paint.net" photo/image editor
* Most of the other EXTRAS are sites for resources.
NOTE: Video editing is a multi-program endeavor

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 25. 2008 11:33

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Agree with everything Barry has said, but one more point, make sure there are no spaces in the file name of your movie and not too long a name.

Robert

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Kevin Medri
Newbie Location: Oxford, New Zealand Joined: Aug 17, 2008 06:18 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Thanks for the advice, I am now having problems doing the conversion to flash. I am producing my movie in mpeg2 format in the dvdhq quality setting at about 560mb. When i convert to flash by inputing the file into the wm converter and hitting the convert button it ghoes through the process and says it is finised. It leaves the file in the window but cannot play the file as it says there is no player in the computor to play the file. It also does not save the file anywhere. I cannot upload the mpeg2 movie as it is bigger than allowed and would take hours! Alsowhen i produce any movies it always saves it as produce, if I change its name in my folders then PD7 will no longer open it or recognise it, can I change its name in PD7. Thanks Running AMD Turion Dual Core Mobile RM-70 2.00Ghz, 3.00GB Ram, Win Vista 32Bit Service Pack 2, 256 dedicated graphics, on a HP Pavillion Laptop.