Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Playback media
Kevin Medri
Newbie Location: Oxford, New Zealand Joined: Aug 17, 2008 06:18 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Is there a particular dvd type that is gauranteed to playback on any dvd player, that I can place my finished and produced movies on? I am in a PAL region so only worried about that format. Thanks Running AMD Turion Dual Core Mobile RM-70 2.00Ghz, 3.00GB Ram, Win Vista 32Bit Service Pack 2, 256 dedicated graphics, on a HP Pavillion Laptop.
David (X9) [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Wales, UK Joined: Aug 22, 2008 19:58 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I would liek to suggest the followig workflow:

1. Select the menu option Edit..Preferences
2. Select the desired format PAL.
3. When you want to produce the DVD, go straight to the DVD Create option.

Some players are capable of playing both NSTC and PAL DVDs and a lot of the time your choice of output should be based on the type of clips you are using.

If you fail, then you could always produce two different discs, one for PAL and one for NTSC.

I hope this helps.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Kevin

Your question appears to be a little unclear to me but maybe the following will help.
1) DVD-R is a non-rewriteable format and it is compatible with about 93% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.
2) DVD+R is a non-rewritable format and it is compatible with about 89% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs
3) Purchase a high quality media for your final project burns, some cheap brands are good to use a trial burns but expect some coasters!
A ton of info on media and players can be found at
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia

I hope this addresses your question.

Jeff
Kevin Medri
Newbie Location: Oxford, New Zealand Joined: Aug 17, 2008 06:18 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the advice! Running AMD Turion Dual Core Mobile RM-70 2.00Ghz, 3.00GB Ram, Win Vista 32Bit Service Pack 2, 256 dedicated graphics, on a HP Pavillion Laptop.