Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Several years later this helped me hugely too! I had set the audio to "microphone" for some reason rather than "USB". Thank you!
Thank you so much! The bottom screen had expanded and hidden 'manual chapter settings' from view. Once I knew what I was looking for I was able to place it and display the hidden screen. Thanks once again.
I know the icon it's supposed to be - I've done it in the past, but now can't find the icon anywhere which is why I'm getting confused.
Thank you. I'm in the chapter room but can't see where to change the thumbnail. Can you help please?
Thanks for your reply. Here's the screenshot.
Annoyingly, it works now - i suppose it depends which PC I use!
Sorry, me again! I want to choose a frame from when previewing my video as a thumbnail for my chapter. The icon is there, but it's greyed out. Any idea how I can get around this or why it is happening please?

Thank you.
Thank you - I was hoping that the Cloud would be a safe place to store all my videos but obviously not!

If your project is of any significant size and contains pieces of many videos, I wouldn't use the cloud. Simply "Pack Project Materials..." and then use a USB stick, portable HD, or similar and copy folder to stated media and then to computer 2.

Jeff
I've got to move a few projects over to a new PC and figure the easiest way to do it is to upload them to Cloud and then download them on the other PC.

Firstly, when I try to upload a project, I don't actually get anything. It's about 1kb of data.

So I try to pack all project materials and upload - but then I get a message saying the destination is read-only. It refers to the folder where I have put my project. So I put the project on the Desktop (not that the destination is read only anyway) but still no joy.

Can anyone help please?
Thank you.
Thanks again for the replies. I also do this conversion as a business (albeit a very small one!) and have been enjoying doing it. Hopefully getting another copy of the video will do the trick. Fortunately I was able to find another on eBay which is not very expensive.

I did wonder about cleaning the machine myself but was worried about sticking things where they shouldn't be stuck!
Thanks for your reply. It appears that the situation is rather more complicated than I thought!

I meant i cleaned the VCR, but perhaps not very well. To try and get the best version of ti I can, I have ordered another copy of the video, and also another VHS cleaner tape. Fingers crossed, as I haven't had this problem with other videos.
It's more like the video freezes every so often and then catches up with with the audio. I'm currently trying it on a different computer with a higher memory.
Hello

Thanks for your reply. I'm using Capture from Analogue Device on Cyberlink, from a VHS player. I haven't tried adjusting anything.

Is there a way to turn the preview off? I'm wondering if that takes up too much memory.
I'm trying to digitise a video. Sometimes the footage freezes on an image & takes a while to catch up with the audio. Any ideas how I can stop this happening please? It's an old video but I've cleaned it and the video itself plays fine.

Thank you.
Brillian, thank you so much!
I'm using a menu template which previews the footage in the root menu. Rather than it begin at the beginning of the film, I'd like to start the preview a few minutes into it. I can't find a setting to achieve this: can anyone help, please? Thnak you.
Thanks both for your replies. The DVD is for my friend's mum who doesn't have a computer. The original was from a VHS and I don't really want to compress more than I have to as it's not great quality anyway!

I did a lot of fiddling last night and it appears if I choose 'widescreen format' - which the menu template seems set for - this uses up a heck of a lot of space. Reduced screen allows it to fit on the disc, but doesn't look as good. I'm also concerned I've compromised the quality already.

If I want to put it across two DVDs is there an easy way of achieving this or do I have to just split the footage? There's no "two disc" setting?
Please could you advise me on how best to produce a file to make it fit on a standard DVD (4.7GB)? How can I best compress a video (I have my friend's wedding video to put onto DVD which is almost 2 hours) without losing the quality of the item? Is there any easy way to split the footage in two if I really have to, or do I have to do it manually and fade in, fade out, etc.?

Thanks very much for your help as this is taking a LONG time, and I'm sure it's much longer than I need to spend on it.
Thanks for your reply. I have 4.2.6 by the looks of things.

changing the folder to an online one worked, thank you!
I'm trying to use this but I get to record about 1 second of the screen and then I get a message saying "Screen Recorder could not acccess the file. Check that there is enough space in the target folder."

I've got no idea what it means. Can anyone help please? Thank you.
Go to: