Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Select this frame as a thumbnail" greyed out
Ellymoo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2019 03:32 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, me again! I want to choose a frame from when previewing my video as a thumbnail for my chapter. The icon is there, but it's greyed out. Any idea how I can get around this or why it is happening please?

Thank you.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think a screen capture, or better yet, a screen recording would provide some context for your situation. Save the screenshot as JPG or PNG and use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to share it here. Same with a recording, or you could post that to YouTube and share a link here.
Ellymoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply. Here's the screenshot.
[Thumb - screenshot.png]
 Filename
screenshot.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
203 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
That sets "Title" thumbnails as the icon annotates, not "Chapter" thumbnails as you ask. If you have multiple titles, it will be available as shown in the attached pic. Since you question chapter thumbnails, one way is to set the chapter thumbnails in the chapter room during timeline editing.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD20_Set_Title_Thumbnail.png]
 Filename
PD20_Set_Title_Thumbnail.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1300 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
Ellymoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. I'm in the chapter room but can't see where to change the thumbnail. Can you help please?
Ellymoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
I know the icon it's supposed to be - I've done it in the past, but now can't find the icon anywhere which is why I'm getting confused.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you. I'm in the chapter room but can't see where to change the thumbnail. Can you help please?

See attached pic.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD20_Chapter_Thumbnail.png]
 Filename
PD20_Chapter_Thumbnail.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
434 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
Ellymoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you so much! The bottom screen had expanded and hidden 'manual chapter settings' from view. Once I knew what I was looking for I was able to place it and display the hidden screen. Thanks once again.