Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Hi,

Glad you got it sorted.

Thanks for posting your solution, others who have a similar issue in the future might benefit.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

No problem, For anyone using the guide, just to confirm you make the shortcut by right clicking the execute file (not a folder). Other than that, you should be good to go,.

Hi,

A search of the forums does give quite a few possible scenarios :
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82874.page#post_box_341563
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45893.page#post_box_237267
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97299.page#391435
for example.

The Error code itself is a bit generic and so not very helpful in pin-pointing the exact issue.

There seems to be 2 common ways to proceed :
Install third party codecs which works for some folk
Run the offending clips through Handbrake or similar to see if that converts the files to a more acceptable format for PDR to handle.

Other members may have more direct experiences?

I know in your previous posts you also had the same issues on your old system so that might tend towards a video clip issue rather than a codec issue but that's a guess!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. After posting the question I eventually remembered what I did the last time to fix it. I'll post the solution here just in case someone else has the same problem.

I went to my PD16 folder and found the execute file

I right clicked on it, and went Properties

I went to Compatability and selected run this program in compatability mode for Window 7

I also ticked run this program as administrator

I saved everything and, right clicking the execute folder again, I created a PD16 shortcut onto my desktop

That shortcut has all the changes I made, and PD16 ran fine after that. Hope this helps.
I've finally been able to reinstall my PD16 onto a new PC. But whenever I try to import and edit a video clip, I get Media Source Error Code 2. I've had this problem before years ago but can't remember how I fixed it. I have Windows Media Player and Quick Time installed and have updated PD16 with the patch. Do I have to install codecs from somewhere else? Any help much appreciated.

Hi,
Given your configuration, you might be better to raise a ticket with support [link in the signature below] to get an opinion from them whether your setup is affecting the download process.

Not sure if any members will be able to duplicate/troubleshoot this directly but someone might suggest a workaround to try?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Brilliant. Thanks. I appreciate your help with this.
I've just managed to reinstall PD16 onto my desktop but can't get it to update for the PD16 patch. When I run the downloader I get a message saying Cyberlink Downloader could not complete the download process. I've made sure that Power Director is listed in my allowed apps on Windows Firewall but its still not connecting. The only thing I can think of is that my Power Director is installed on my E drive (an external drive with lots of space) rather than my C Drive (which has very little space left). Could this be the problem? Is there any way I can get the patch without using the downloader or is there some way I can get the downloader to work? Without the patch, every time I try to edit a clip I get a Media Source Error Code 2 warning.
Quote Hello,

In all honesty, you may have trouble getting your key re-issued (activating the software) because it was purchased from a non Regional Online Reseller.

See this post for detailed explanation, particularly the second bullet point:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65641.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. The customer service people stepped in and helped with the problem. Really happy to get this fixed.
My old PC stopped booting up so I've had to start using a new one. I'm trying to install my old programs onto the new PC. I can't activate my Power Director 16 as it says I've used the serial number too many times. My Power Director was bought by a friend on Ebay and sent to me by post. I still have the box with the CD's in their sleeves etc. The serial number is on a CD sleeve. I can probably get my friend to send me the sales reciept from Ebay if needed. I opened a support ticket asking for help a few days ago but haven't had any reply. Any idea how I can fix this?
I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC and also re-installed Power Director 16. Every time I run PD16 and try to preview, I get a message saying

Media Source Error (error code2)
A media fiel in your project may not fully comply with the file format standard

This happens on video clips that I have used several times before without any issues. When I remove the clip, the same warning comes up for another video clip.

I've tried updating PD16, disabling Enable HD video processing (shadow file), and making sure my graphics cards is updated but no luck. Is there anything else I can try to solve this problem?
Is it possible to morph with Power Director 16? I'd like to morph photo (jpg) images of 6 faces so that one changes to another. I know it can be done with DaVinci Resolve and wondered if ifs possible with Power Director 16.
I worked on a project for a few hours and made sure I saved my work frequently. I took a break by saving again and turning my PC off. When I tried to re-open my project, the .pds file was there and it said it was about 1.18mb in size. But when I tried to open it, there are no project files and nothing in the timeline. At the top of the screen it says 'new untitled project' and not the name of the project I'm trying to open. Does anyone know how I can fix this as I don't want to re-do all the work again? I found the auto save folder but the project file in there was a very early one with very little work in it.
Quote The easiest way I can think of is to simply drag a color board from the media library onto the timeline and then set the opacity to something below 100%. You do that by dragging the thin green line along the top edge of the clip down like this screenshot from PD17:

That's fantastic. Thank you so much.
HI,

I'm using PowerDirector 16 and am stuck on how to make a colour board transparant. I'd like to have a colour board with text on it and the board will be transparant so you can see the film behind it. I managed to do this on previous versions of PD but can't figure out how to do this in version 16.
I've recently bought PowerDirector 16 but have had huge problems getting it to work. Every time I try to load a video file (or any format) I get an error saying

Media Source Error (error code2)
A media file in your project may not fully comply with the file format standard, or your system may lack the required decoding components for this file.

I've checked this forum to see if there's been a solution to this problem and have also gone to Preferences > Hardware Accleration and deselected "Enable hardware decoding". But the problem persists. As soon as I load a video the error message comes up. I've raised a support ticket but haven't had any reply. Can anyone help?
Go to: