where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to create a transparant colour board
Reply to this topic
patrickyoung [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 19, 2019 03:45 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
HI,

I'm using PowerDirector 16 and am stuck on how to make a colour board transparant. I'd like to have a colour board with text on it and the board will be transparant so you can see the film behind it. I managed to do this on previous versions of PD but can't figure out how to do this in version 16.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5713 Offline
[Post New]
There are several possibilities. Can you please explain how you did it on the previous versions of PD. This would give a clue on the next steps.
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 6736 Offline
[Post New]
The easiest way I can think of is to simply drag a color board from the media library onto the timeline and then set the opacity to something below 100%. You do that by dragging the thin green line along the top edge of the clip down like this screenshot from PD17:

patrickyoung [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 19, 2019 03:45 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The easiest way I can think of is to simply drag a color board from the media library onto the timeline and then set the opacity to something below 100%. You do that by dragging the thin green line along the top edge of the clip down like this screenshot from PD17:

That's fantastic. Thank you so much.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2021 04:11

Reply to this topic