Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Render Preview Media Source [Error Code 2]
Paul999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 10:10 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Whenever I run and try to create a Render Preview I get an error popup after the render is complete. And the resulting render preview is a black screen. So I have to delete the render preview cache to be able to see my timeline footage again and no usable render preview is ever created.

Here's the error log:

Media Source Error Report :
Error type : Video cut
Material type : Video
Error information : Unknown
Material filename : D:\My Files\PowerDirector Export\Preview Cache Files\team0_02e1aa30.mp4
Detailed information : ..\CES_Source\Src\CES_Engine\CES_MediaLoader.CPP:1789
Source filter GUID : E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770
Splitter filter GUID : A05CDF6C-287E-47A1-A407-A477A8A5FDCA
Video decoder filter GUID : 8A0836E9-6E48-454D-8F68-507BC13F3D0B
Video hardware decoder filter GUID : 8A0836E9-6E48-454D-8F68-507BC13F3D0B

Anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

I already tried running PD as adminitstrator which fixed s a similar problem for someone else I read on these forums, but that didn't fix things for me. When I render files with Produce those all work just fine.

P.S. I did open a support ticket for this at PD also but as I'm used to useless unhelpful responses from official support I'm posting this here too. Because I'm not expecting much from support eventhough this is a critical issue... They haven't ever helped me solve any problem before.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2022 06:15

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have a bit more information for us? Like: what have you done to the clip in terms of editing, and rather then rendering the preview, does the production of the clip work well. Also, please tell us whether you have hardware decoding on (switching it off might help), and whether you have set to create shadow files or not. Code 2 error looks like pointing to many causes including memory leaks (something CL should resolve), and slight differences in the format of the input file that PD cannot cope with.
It may also help us have a look at your DXDiag.txt file to look at drivers etc.
When browsing for this error online (and in this forum) there are all sorts of suggestions, including the reinstallation of PD.
Paul999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 10:10 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Do you have a bit more information for us? Like: what have you done to the clip in terms of editing, and rather then rendering the preview, does the production of the clip work well. Also, please tell us whether you have hardware decoding on (switching it off might help), and whether you have set to create shadow files or not. Code 2 error looks like pointing to many causes including memory leaks (something CL should resolve), and slight differences in the format of the input file that PD cannot cope with.
It may also help us have a look at your DXDiag.txt file to look at drivers etc.
When browsing for this error online (and in this forum) there are all sorts of suggestions, including the reinstallation of PD.

Thanks for your reply Warry. I'll look into this and get more info after I've finished editing my current videoand get back to you then. Thanks for the pointers on things to look at thus far.
Amber McDowell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2021 12:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Whenever I run and try to create a Render Preview I get an error popup after the render is complete. And the resulting render preview is a black screen. So I have to delete the render preview cache to be able to see my timeline footage again and no usable render preview is ever created.

Here's the error log:

Media Source Error Report :
Error type : Video cut
Material type : Video
Error information : Unknown
Material filename : D:\My Files\PowerDirector Export\Preview Cache Files\team0_02e1aa30.mp4
Detailed information : ..\CES_Source\Src\CES_Engine\CES_MediaLoader.CPP:1789
Source filter GUID : E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770
Splitter filter GUID : A05CDF6C-287E-47A1-A407-A477A8A5FDCA
Video decoder filter GUID : 8A0836E9-6E48-454D-8F68-507BC13F3D0B
Video hardware decoder filter GUID : 8A0836E9-6E48-454D-8F68-507BC13F3D0B

Anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

I already tried running PD as adminitstrator which fixed s a similar problem for someone else I read on these forums, but that didn't fix things for me. When I render files with Produce those all work just fine.

P.S. I did open a support ticket for this at PD also but as I'm used to useless unhelpful responses from official support I'm posting this here too. Because I'm not expecting much from support eventhough this is a critical issue... They haven't ever helped me solve any problem before.

The only solution I found is to close power director, go to the location of the material file, and delete it. You can also delete all of the files in there, and it won't hurt your progress. Then open up power director again and if you have any transitions, remove them, then add them again.