Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

One thought occurs, amke sure you are using the autoplay launched for Control panel not from Windows settings. Apologies if you already did this.

That's what I did indeed, no need to apologize, someone else may be interested.
Of course I'll share the method if I manage to get it like I want.

I find it intensely annoying and arrogant when programs , without asking, make their player autoplay. Every time you update too.

Just type Autoplay into the windows where you can set the defaults back to your preference.

That's not it,I had already done that. Thank you anyway and I fully agree with you btw.

I mean when powerdvd is already running, if I insert a disc it starts playback at once without asking anything. Previous versions just loaded disc info but didn't start until I clicked Play.

<div id="click-field" style="position: fixed; top: 0px; left: 0px; height: 323px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; cursor: url('moz-extension://38c1f422-801a-43d2-9989-28b8a3bcbcbc/icons/press.gif'), default; z-index: 2147483647; background-color: #000000; width: 1px;"> </div>
Quote Hello,

The option to change the disc menu language is in General settings:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdvd/365/pc-mode/enu/11_01_01_more_general_settings.html

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

Thanks, the setting was set on "same as the interface" but that didn't work (maybe a bug ?) so I forced it and it works now
<div id="click-field" style="position: fixed; top: 0px; left: 0px; height: 323px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; cursor: url('moz-extension://38c1f422-801a-43d2-9989-28b8a3bcbcbc/icons/press.gif'), default; z-index: 2147483647; background-color: #000000; width: 1px;"> </div>
Hello, another question about Powerdvd 2022, disc menus are always in english instead of the localized version like in 2020, I can't find this option either.
Hello, is there a way to prevent auto playback of a disc when inserted while pdvd is already running ?

This used to be the case until version 2020 (didn't try 2021), or maybe there was an option that I set at the time but can't find it now.

Thank you
I mean the box with info about the movie such as synopsis or people's reviews. With the default theme, and others downloaded from moovielive, the background of this box is transparent, here.

but if the powerdvd wallpaper is a picture from my computer, the background is gray and that's quite ugly, here.

Edit : I certainly didn't mark this message as solution on purpose, it must be a mishap but I can't see where to remove the mark…
Hello, when using custom wallpaper, the textbox with info about the inserted disc appears with gray background, whereas an installed theme from moovielive displays a much nicer transparent background (maybe a bit blurred though).
Is there on option to force transparent background even on custom wallpaper ? I couldn't find one and this somewhat ruins the point of custom wallpapers.
Quote This is because mouse clicks are not available for most Blu-ray titles, so the more functions window is displayed instead so you can navigate menus. The first time you clicked there is a message that says this. You must have selected "Don't show again" and then Open so that it is always there.

Try this, go to Player Settings > General, and then click the "Reset" button under Reset "Don't show again" dialogs. After that, click again during playback and then select "Don't show again" and then click the Skip button.

Dave

Great, that was it thank you !
I must say the french translation for the skip button is misleading in that case, that's why I had clicked the other one I remember now.
Thank you also for changing the title of the thread, it was inded not so good.
Hello,

I'm encountering a strange behaviour : whenever I click the picture while a blu-ray disc is playing, the "More Functionnalities" window appears, maybe that's not exactly the english name of the window but it's the one with directional and color buttons.

Btw, I only use powerdvd for blu-rays so I haven't tested on other media playbacks.

Is there a way to prevent this ?
I already have the latest version apparently. I'll contact them in that case, thank you.
Hello,

I have a small problem with external subtitles when I play a blu-ray disc.
I can change their font or display size as expected, but when I stop playback then resume later, the subtitles are always one or two sizes larger (even though the preference still states the size I had manually set before).

Is there anything that can be done ?
Maybe an upgrade to v19 could fix that ?

Thank you
Quote Do you select the option "allow the connection when the certification is invalid" in the Blu-ray disc settings?
Most of commercial Blu-rays do not have additional online certificate for their BD Live or BD-J content.

Yes it is selected.
Actually, when I try BD-Live I receive a message (depending on the disc of course) telling me to check my connection. Does that help ?
By the way, what is BD-J ? And does activating the keyboard option for it help ? I tried it but that didn't change anything.

And thank you for your answer.
Hello,

I can't access BD-Live content even though the option is enabled (and my internet connection works).

Is there anything I can do ?

Thank you
Go to: