Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question. Of course if your song is shorter than your video, there is no way to make the song longer. That's common sense.

You can loop the song, or add more than one song to match the length of your video.

I thought the song was longer than the video, in that case you can shorten the song the way I described, but there is no way to lengthen the song.

Don
Just select the track and grab the end and drag it to wherever you want the music to stop.

That's how it works with PD6. I've never used magic music to do it.

Don
Thanks for the reply. I feel I've tried everything I can to correct this problem but nothing works. It's strange that the video plays fine in the preview window when it is being played from the storyboard, but when added to the timeline it won't! It's obvious that PD is able to play it smoothly, but just not when it's in the timeline!

1. Go update your graphic drivers DONE
2. Check with the laptop site for issues No issues with laptop, desktop is the problem
3. Check the refresh rate Changed it from 60 to 75
4. Alter the display settings -lower them Tried it, no difference
5. See if the graphics isn't using shared memory with the motherboard Don't know how to check that.
6. Give more details perhaps a snippet of video for someone else to check (email me Ed and I'll tell you how.) Check out http://home.tbbs.net/~dgeorge/produce.wmv for a streaming video I took of the problem.

Thanks for your reply. Some additional information.

The video files I'm using came from my evero HD camcorder. The are saved on my hard drive as .TOD files. When I bring them into PD, PD asks me if I want to convert them to Mpeg2 files and I click yes. I would think that PD knows what it needs to do in order to play these videos.

Secondly, As a test I installed PD6 on my laptop, which I assume doesn't have a high end graphics card like my desktop does. Using the same procedure and technique, I created a project with lots of videos and transitions and music and PIP's and it runs perfectly in preview with absolutely no problems.

So I know my problem is with my Desktop's configuration, I just don't know what to change or upgrade.

I hope this gives you a better picture of my issue.

Don
Isn't sduk00001.jpg a jpeg?
I have a very similar problem with playback video being jumpy and jerky and very poor. Only when it's in the timeline. When played seperately it plays flawlessly, but once dragged to the timeline the playback quality is so poor I can hardly edit at all. I went into msconfig and stopped all startup items from loading, I updated my bios and my video drivers, nothing has worked. I guess I can try safe mode.

And also, when I uninstalled and reinstalled at Cyberlink's direction, my previous project files (pds) were still there, but they loaded up with blank images! If I want to produce them again, I have to start from scratch. Luckily there were only two.

I sure seems that Cyberlink released PowerDirector before working out some major problems. Look at this forum! You can scroll through list after list of people having problem with PD6 and now 7. And the programs aren't cheap either!

Don
Yeah, I got the same problem. Good luck getting a fix. I've been all over the internet and nobody can help, not even Cyberlink.

Don
I am still having the exact same problem with PD6 and I have a Radeon X700 series video card with 256 megs of ram, so It isn't the video card that's causing it.

Whats funny is if I just click on a video on the storyboard and play it, it plays without freezing, but anything down in the timeline sucks!

Don
Hello all.

I have been to Cyberlink's support site and sent this issue to them but so far they have not been able to help. I don't think it's a PowerDirector issue, but something with my computer. But perhaps one of you can help.

When I click on a video that's in my storyboard and then play it by pressing the "play" arrow, it plays perfectly. But when I drag it down to the timeline, it plays very jerky and slowly and sometimes stops altogether and then starts playing again and so on and so on. When it reaches a transition, like a fade, it just stops, and in a few seconds it totally skips over the transition and jumps to the next clip. It makes it impossible to accurately edit when there is no continuity between clips and it jumps and jerks all the time.

Has anyone had this issue, and did you solve it? My computer is a 2.2 ghz Gateway with 2 gig of ram and a Radeon X700 Pro graphics card with 256 meg of memory. It should be able to play video with no problem, and it does in all other cases except this one.

Cyberlink's support had me uninstall it, download the latest version and reinstall it, but nothing has helped. I'm about ready to toss the software.

There is a video that I made showing this problem at:

http://home.tbbs.net/~dgeorge/produce.wmv
Donald
That's exactly what I do. A black .jpeg does the trick. Just stretch it out as long as your titles are, then start your video.

Don
I was playing it in movie mode and still didn't have sound.

However, I decided to completely uninstall the program, including the old version 5. Then I also removed all references to PowerDirector from my registry, THEN reinstalled only version 6 fresh.

Now it works.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Don
The Power Director that comes free with your camera is not the full version, you know that, right? If you want to "activate" it, you need to pay for the full version at which time you will receive the 30 digit activation, or "CD" key by email if you download it, or by mail if you order the box.

I would suggest however, that if you're going to do that, you buy the latest version, which is 6.

Also, one other thing. I only bring this up because it has happened before, maybe not in your case, but it has happened. Some people try to "fool" the installation of a limited time software by changing the date on the computer to some future date, installing the software, and then putting the date back to the real date hoping to lengthen the time limit. In the early days, this used to work. The software manufacturers got smart to this "cheat" and now cause the software to totally disable itself when it detects a date change on the computer.

I hope some of this answer helps you.

Don

I did exactly as she did, but my audio tracks won't play. nothing but silence, while the line cursor rolls by.

Help me with that one if you can.

Thanks,

Donald
Wow, thanks, I had the same issue and couldn't figure it out. My computer sounds like the exact one you have! I have all the same stuff including an older drive that I'm storing all my video's on for Power Director. I can't wait ti get home and transfer them to the faster, newer drive.

Donald
I don't understand the question. Isn't the CD key only for the purchased version of the software and not the free version that comes with the camera?

When I installed the software that came with my camera (PD5ne) it didn't ask me for a key.
I have PowerDirector 6.0 that I purchased, downloaded and activated with the CD key provided in the confirmation email. All the functions that were previously blocked in the "JVC" version of 5ne are now available in version 6.0. I also downloaded the "bonus pack" at the same time. I ran the bonus pack exe file and it ran the file but didn't show any "installation" type screen or any other icon to indicate what it was doing or where it was installing. I can only assume it installed and attached itself to the new version 6.0 although version 5 was still installed on my machine. (I did not uninstall version 5 before installing version 6) I did not download and install the latest update for version 6 yet. (build 2319)

Now, with all that said; When I run PD6, I add my video clips to the time line and they play in the preview window just fine. When I select the magic sound and try to add an audio track, it will allow me to add it, but when I play the preview there is no sound. I've tried several different tracks with the same result.

Did I miss something? Can anyone help?

Donald

Go to: