Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Uneven playback when reviewing projects
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
I am surprised at the unevenness of the playback when reviewing footage - very jumpy on my computer with the picture lagging behind the audio etc.

Is this normal?

Makes it very difficult to review fades between clips / how effects will look etc.

I have a reasonably up to date (less than 6mths) Acer laptop with AMD Turion 64 x 2 processer & 2gb ram.

Anyone else had this problem? Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
Donald [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 07, 2008 10:40 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, I got the same problem. Good luck getting a fix. I've been all over the internet and nobody can help, not even Cyberlink.

Don
Take away our handguns
Then only the criminals will have them!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Ed,

1. Go update your graphic drivers
2. Check with the laptop site for issues
3. Check the refresh rate
4. Alter the display settings -lower them
5. See if the graphics isn't using shared memory with the motherboard
6. Give more details perhaps a snippet of video for someone else to check (email me Ed and I'll tell you how.)

The above are all suggestions.... alterations of settings are for you to work out and at your own risk. (Don't blame me if you mess up )

Dafydd
Donald [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 07, 2008 10:40 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. I feel I've tried everything I can to correct this problem but nothing works. It's strange that the video plays fine in the preview window when it is being played from the storyboard, but when added to the timeline it won't! It's obvious that PD is able to play it smoothly, but just not when it's in the timeline!

1. Go update your graphic drivers DONE
2. Check with the laptop site for issues No issues with laptop, desktop is the problem
3. Check the refresh rate Changed it from 60 to 75
4. Alter the display settings -lower them Tried it, no difference
5. See if the graphics isn't using shared memory with the motherboard Don't know how to check that.
6. Give more details perhaps a snippet of video for someone else to check (email me Ed and I'll tell you how.) Check out http://home.tbbs.net/~dgeorge/produce.wmv for a streaming video I took of the problem.

Take away our handguns
Then only the criminals will have them!
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Donald;

What build version of PD7 are you using; when I reported this problem I was on a much earlier build; now on build 1915 (available from Cyberlink as a patch - see Roberts post dated 23.07 for link)

I don't have the problem anymore - or certainly not on any recent projects; though did up-grade graphics driver as a precaution

Hope the new build helps! Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)