Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where is the CD Key
Jeff and Kate [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2008 11:34 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have been all over this website looking for the CD key to PowerDirector 5.0 that came with my JVC camera. I have a 16 digit CD key that is useless because it is not 30 digits as the program requires.

I installed it to my C: drive in the default directories so that isn't the issue.

You would think that the key would be a sticky-note on the forum or something?!?!

Surely there is someone out there who has a fully functioning copy of this program. Can you please post the key?!!!

TIA,
Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2008 13:23

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I'll contact Customer Support.

send me your email and I'll see what can be done asap.

This is the 2nd posting today on the same issue and "Sebastian" has also emailed me.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2394.page

Dafydd

[Moderator]
Donald [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 07, 2008 10:40 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I don't understand the question. Isn't the CD key only for the purchased version of the software and not the free version that comes with the camera?

When I installed the software that came with my camera (PD5ne) it didn't ask me for a key.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2008 11:55

Take away our handguns
Then only the criminals will have them!
Jeff and Kate [Avatar]
[Post New]
It doesn't ask you for the key when you install. The program worked fine for 3 days and now all I can do is start the program and look at it. I can't import new files or do anything with the projects I already started. In the HELP menu there is a choice to "Activate PowerDirector" and when you click on it, there is a bunch of blank spaces where a 30-digit key number is supposed to be entered.

Hope this helps your understanding Donald. Got a solution?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2008 22:01

Donald [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 07, 2008 10:40 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
The Power Director that comes free with your camera is not the full version, you know that, right? If you want to "activate" it, you need to pay for the full version at which time you will receive the 30 digit activation, or "CD" key by email if you download it, or by mail if you order the box.

I would suggest however, that if you're going to do that, you buy the latest version, which is 6.

Also, one other thing. I only bring this up because it has happened before, maybe not in your case, but it has happened. Some people try to "fool" the installation of a limited time software by changing the date on the computer to some future date, installing the software, and then putting the date back to the real date hoping to lengthen the time limit. In the early days, this used to work. The software manufacturers got smart to this "cheat" and now cause the software to totally disable itself when it detects a date change on the computer.

I hope some of this answer helps you.

Don

Take away our handguns
Then only the criminals will have them!
Jeff and Kate [Avatar]
[Post New]
You are right - the version that comes with the camera is not the full version. However, I have been in touch with customer help at CyberLink and they assure me that there isn't supposed to be an activation key for the "lite" version.

Apparently something didn't record correctly in the registry keys and they are trying to figure out what happened.

In the meantime, I have downloaded a 30-day trial version of PD6. I have to mess around with it some more before I decide if I want to keep it. The program itself seems pretty good, but I have to admit that this whole fiasco with the program locking up has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.
David [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Dec 09, 2007 19:18 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
You might have sorted this out already, but I did the following and it let me "toggle" between needing a key and not needing a key for the lite version.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE][SOFTWARE][CyberLink][PowerDirector???][IsCDKeyAct]

You need to change this value from 1 to 0