Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio won't play in timeline
Donald [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 07, 2008 10:40 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDirector 6.0 that I purchased, downloaded and activated with the CD key provided in the confirmation email. All the functions that were previously blocked in the "JVC" version of 5ne are now available in version 6.0. I also downloaded the "bonus pack" at the same time. I ran the bonus pack exe file and it ran the file but didn't show any "installation" type screen or any other icon to indicate what it was doing or where it was installing. I can only assume it installed and attached itself to the new version 6.0 although version 5 was still installed on my machine. (I did not uninstall version 5 before installing version 6) I did not download and install the latest update for version 6 yet. (build 2319)

Now, with all that said; When I run PD6, I add my video clips to the time line and they play in the preview window just fine. When I select the magic sound and try to add an audio track, it will allow me to add it, but when I play the preview there is no sound. I've tried several different tracks with the same result.

Did I miss something? Can anyone help?

Donald

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 07. 2008 12:18

Take away our handguns
Then only the criminals will have them!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Donald,

Good to see your post - I moved it to the main PowerDirector Forum.

Right, let me first deal with the points you've raised in the initial paragraph.
1. The JVC version of PD is an "Express" build and can operate on your system still. Just watch out when opining a saved project file (*.pds) as it might be opened in PD5NE.
2. Bonus - is installing data to the PD6 program files. You will have additional choices of DVD templates etc to choose from.
3. Installation of the patch v2319 - please install it immediately, it'll bring you upto spec.
4. You might need to run the Bonus exe again (the 2319 should be install before tha applying of the Bonus extras).
5. Upgrade to the latest build of your version of PowerDirector.
After checking the Help/About in PD go visit:
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/updates_4_ENU.html

Next paragraph.

The SmartSound audio files, preloaded ones will play fine, however there are others that need to be downloaded for you to test play. and then you'd have to purchase them. You will therefore need to allow PD6 access to the internet to complate the download of the demo audio file.

Please try again after you've applied the patch v2319. I'd also like to know the name/selection of the SmartSound file you are trying to place.

I hope I've answered all your concerns.

I would also add/play an mp3 to the Audio time-lines just to check out the functionality of PD6.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 10. 2008 07:55