Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
help adding track music PLEASE
JENNIFER [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: Jan 03, 2007 23:58 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
HELLO.... I have finally gotten 5 to burn for me, and all is going well thank you to he who helped me.
I am now trying to add a song to play during my video. (Making a music video for my daughter). We have the entire video edited and ready to go with correct times on timeline, now....When I go to what I thought was the right area of adding track, (the button on the bottom of magic tools) it gives me only a few(quite a few, but not what I want none the less) options from sound mixer thingamajig........is there ANY way to use a sound file I already have downloaded on my computer? I know in producer how to do this, but am up against a wall in PD....any help or options are appreciated!
I know the way I put things is not "fancy" but I am a regular gal with a simple question, if theres a way great, if not....I will try something different.
Thanks! having 4 kids is similar to be
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Choose the song you want from your computer files. Bring the file into your library and then drag it into your timeline. EEZY-PEEZY! Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
CC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2006 14:42 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Here's the how-to.

on the left side, there are all the buttons, and the top one is "media room". click that. note that 'media' is defined as movies and audio. Use your folders to find the mp3 or other music you wanted. click on it to open. now, you should see an icon in your library with a big music note symbol.

another way to find file is to click on the pull down menu right at the top of the library. It usually displays 'media'. but if you pull it down, you will see more selections like 'audio'.

to add to the movie, drag it onto the track at the bottom with the notes on it. note there will be a red dotted line indicating length of the track. drag it precisely where you want it to land.

have fun!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: HELLO.... I have finally gotten 5 to burn for me, and all is going well thank you to he who helped me.
I am now trying to add a song to play during my video. (Making a music video for my daughter). We have the entire video edited and ready to go with correct times on timeline, now....When I go to what I thought was the right area of adding track, (the button on the bottom of magic tools) it gives me only a few(quite a few, but not what I want none the less) options from sound mixer thingamajig........is there ANY way to use a sound file I already have downloaded on my computer? I know in producer how to do this, but am up against a wall in PD....any help or options are appreciated!
I know the way I put things is not "fancy" but I am a regular gal with a simple question, if theres a way great, if not....I will try something different.
Thanks!

Dear "regular gal", she who is she who made me smile.....

All you have to do is find the file...
Media Directory icon...top left/ Click it and find the "media" file. Bring the audio file in. Just click and drag it to one of the audio the time-lines. M4a's wont be seen and needs converting to mp3.

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 09. 2007 14:18

JENNIFER [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: Jan 03, 2007 23:58 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you guys, I will put this to the test....the help is very much appreciated!
Jenn having 4 kids is similar to be
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Babe! Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
JENNIFER [Avatar]
[Post New]
now that was simple ....I also figured out how to mute BG and everything! The project turned out great! Thanks guys for your help!!!! I am going to have tons of fun, and for the guy in Wales, about the other programs I have bought , I am taking your advice and NOT installing them, I will just have a fully loaded library, lol.
Ya'll enjoy the evening!
Jenn having 4 kids is similar to be
Donald [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 07, 2008 10:40 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I did exactly as she did, but my audio tracks won't play. nothing but silence, while the line cursor rolls by.

Help me with that one if you can.

Thanks,

Donald
Take away our handguns
Then only the criminals will have them!
Barry
[Post New]
Make sure you are playing the entire movie in your timeline, not just the visual parts. Not sure how experienced you are, but thats a good place to start. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Donald [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was playing it in movie mode and still didn't have sound.

However, I decided to completely uninstall the program, including the old version 5. Then I also removed all references to PowerDirector from my registry, THEN reinstalled only version 6 fresh.

Now it works.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Don Take away our handguns
Shane [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2009 13:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I bought the JVC GZ_MG230 which came with the P.D.5 NE Express software. Only thing I am having trouble with is using the "MAGIC MUSIC". I am able to put my music track into the track on the screen but the button for MAGIC MUSIC iis grayed out so I can't click on it to mak emy song the length of my video. What am I doing wrong? Is there something else I can use to make my music match the video? Thanks,Shane
Donald [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just select the track and grab the end and drag it to wherever you want the music to stop.

That's how it works with PD6. I've never used magic music to do it.

Don
Take away our handguns
Shane [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2009 13:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
That still does not work for me. My video is 10 min. long and the song is 2 1/2 min. long. Is there a way to match the video to the song or do I just have to loop the song over and over again until the end of my video?
Donald [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question. Of course if your song is shorter than your video, there is no way to make the song longer. That's common sense.

You can loop the song, or add more than one song to match the length of your video.

I thought the song was longer than the video, in that case you can shorten the song the way I described, but there is no way to lengthen the song.

Don Take away our handguns