Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
keyframing acting weird in version 20
[Post New]
Say I'm doing some keyframes. I set a key at the beginning then I move 6 frames to set another but the diamond icon won't appear at the 6th frame, it'll be way down. Way past where I placed it and I don't know why it's doing it.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Say I'm doing some keyframes. I set a key at the beginning then I move 6 frames to set another but the diamond icon won't appear at the 6th frame, it'll be way down. Way past where I placed it and I don't know why it's doing it.

Hi,

I think a bit more info will help members. Screencap of timeline perhaps, details of your workflow, etc.

Do you have Preferences>Enlarge timeline scale checked, by any chance, which would visually give you 1/10th frame intervals for audio keyframes but not for video.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]

Hi,

I think a bit more info will help members. Screencap of timeline perhaps, details of your workflow, etc.

Do you have Preferences>Enlarge timeline scale checked, by any chance, which would visually give you 1/10th frame intervals for audio keyframes but not for video.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Sorry for late response. I posted an example, if you look up at the keyframe settings up top. The location of the playhead is where I added the second keyframe but the keyframe marker shows up way to the right of it. Any idea why it's doing that?
[Thumb - example.png]
 Filename
example.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
719 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Thumb - example copy.jpg]
 Filename
example copy.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
642 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 07. 2022 12:00

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This issue has been here for the past several PD versions. I was very busy with projects several years ago and wasn't able to find a reliable way to reproduce the error so I didn't ever submit a support ticket.

If I remember correctly, the problem can be addressed by undoing a step or two before the problem keyframe appeared and trying again; or by clicking on the reset button for that particular keyframe control and starting over. The horizontal zoom scale of the Keyframe tool may play a role, and sometimes closing PD and restarting it would help. Other times, deleting the incorrectly placed keyframe and manually adding it where you want it might work.

Also please double check PDM's suggestion to see if the Enlarge timeline scale for audio track option is checked. Unchecking that while working with keyframes may help.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry for late response. I posted an example, if you look up at the keyframe settings up top. The location of the playhead is where I added the second keyframe but the keyframe marker shows up way to the right of it. Any idea why it's doing that?

PD is showing a few inconsistencies,
1) In the timeline the pic is 24 frames long and you have timeline set at 24fps Film.
2) In the keyframe settings area, the clip thumbnail in the upper left corner indicates the pic is 00:00:01:00, or 24 frames, ok.
3) However, in the keyframe timecode, the same pic extends past 00:01:15, or something longer than 39 frames.

How was the length of this DSC_0006.JPG clip established? The timeline, timeline timecode, and the keyframe setting area timecode all do agree that you have the timeline scrubber currently at frame 21. However, it appears they differ on how long the clip is, did you by chance change pic length with some method while keyframe editing?

Appears PD is confused on clip length which probably plays a role in the keyframe issue. You might try changing clip length and verify everything is consistent prior to messing with keyframe placements.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote This issue has been here for the past several PD versions. I was very busy with projects several years ago and wasn't able to find a reliable way to reproduce the error so I didn't ever submit a support ticket.

If I remember correctly, the problem can be addressed by undoing a step or two before the problem keyframe appeared and trying again; or by clicking on the reset button for that particular keyframe control and starting over. The horizontal zoom scale of the Keyframe tool may play a role, and sometimes closing PD and restarting it would help. Other times, deleting the incorrectly placed keyframe and manually adding it where you want it might work.

Also please double check PDM's suggestion to see if the Enlarge timeline scale for audio track option is checked. Unchecking that while working with keyframes may help.

Thanks for the reply, it's not checked.
[Post New]

PD is showing a few inconsistencies,
1) In the timeline the pic is 24 frames long and you have timeline set at 24fps Film.
2) In the keyframe settings area, the clip thumbnail in the upper left corner indicates the pic is 00:00:01:00, or 24 frames, ok.
3) However, in the keyframe timecode, the same pic extends past 00:01:15, or something longer than 39 frames.

How was the length of this DSC_0006.JPG clip established? The timeline, timeline timecode, and the keyframe setting area timecode all do agree that you have the timeline scrubber currently at frame 21. However, it appears they differ on how long the clip is, did you by chance change pic length with some method while keyframe editing?

Appears PD is confused on clip length which probably plays a role in the keyframe issue. You might try changing clip length and verify everything is consistent prior to messing with keyframe placements.

Jeff

The image I just it on the timeline and increased the length by dragging the right side of the image in the timeline. I didn't mean for it to be 24 frames I just happened to stop there. It's not just this jpeg It does it for everything else