Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't overwrite files anymore.
[Post New]
It's no longer allowing me to overwrite files. It used to but now the option is greyed out and I can't click it. How do I fix this?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's not a bug, it's a safety feature.
[Post New]
Quote That's not a bug, it's a safety feature.

Well they should at least give you the option to enable it. If they removed the feature then Im guessing they'll be removing the button all together then.
alyar888 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2020 01:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
To the CyberLink Developers

Please re-enable the ability to overwrite files in PhotoDirector 365 for Windows. As an advanced user and responsible adult, I should be able to make the decision whether I want to replace originals or not.

I have over 150k of photographs which I like to make edits (sometimes large batches) and update keywords. I often need to export the changes to make them permanent, or to reduce file sizes. The photos are backed up online and if I need to recover a deleted photo, they are in the Recycle Bin.

Perhaps the feature could only be enabled in the Edit mode or Preferences to avoid accidental overwrite for casual users.

Please consider this change in the next build.

Thank you.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is a user-to-user forum and the general advice is that the developers don't usually monitor the discussions here.

Your best bet to reach the right people is to use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions from PhotoDirector's Help menu. You can copy what you posted here or simply include a link to this forum discussion.