Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I can't drag clips to the timeline and I'm having crashes
[Post New]
When I built my new PC and reinstalled PD I can no longer click and drag clips onto the timeline, I have to click add to timeline and sometimes when I add to timeline the program crashes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 01. 2021 22:27

[Post New]
Quote When I built my new PC and reinstalled PD I can no longer click and drag clips onto the timeline, I have to click add to timeline and sometimes when I add to timeline the program crashes.

You are possibly experiencing the same issue I am. Especially if the videos are in h265 format. A temporary workaround was discussed in my thread on this topic:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85782.page

but the reality is...CL is using paying customers like us to alpha test this program. It hasn't been right since about version 17. You either get rampant crashes, features removed, or other annoying quirky issues that probably will never be fixed as there are still some issues from version 18 that aren't fixed.
[Post New]

You are possibly experiencing the same issue I am. Especially if the videos are in h265 format. A temporary workaround was discussed in my thread on this topic:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85782.page

but the reality is...CL is using paying customers like us to alpha test this program. It hasn't been right since about version 17. You either get rampant crashes, features removed, or other annoying quirky issues that probably will never be fixed as there are still some issues from version 18 that aren't fixed.

Thanks, I hope the PD20 will fix the issue
[Post New]

Thanks, I hope the PD20 will fix the issue

PD20 is what has the issue and like I said..some issues from version 18 are still present.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I built my new PC and reinstalled PD I can no longer click and drag clips onto the timeline, I have to click add to timeline and sometimes when I add to timeline the program crashes.

Can you please make a screen recording that shows what happens? Upload it to YouTube and paste a link here or use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload it directly. It may take a long time to finish uploading, though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 01. 2021 23:11

[Post New]

PD20 is what has the issue and like I said..some issues from version 18 are still present.

I'm not sure if I have PD365 19 or 20
[Post New]

Can you please make a screen recording that shows what happens? Upload it to YouTube and psate a link here or use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload it directly. It may take a long time to finish uploading, though.

It only does it sometimes, if it does it again I'll do what you suggested.
[Post New]

I'm not sure if I have PD365 19 or 20

If you downloaded and reinstalled it, it's likely the latest version which is 20 .
[Post New]

If you downloaded and reinstalled it, it's likely the latest version which is 20 .

Yeah I have 20. Did they remove the newblue effects? I don't have them
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It only does it sometimes, if it does it again I'll do what you suggested.

It might be a good idea to keep the recorder running so it can catch any issues that show up. Just delete the recording if nothing happens.

You can easily tell which version you have by clicking on the icon at the top left of the main window:

optodata
[Post New]
See this discussion about PD20 and NBFX.