Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

In my case…
To synchronize audio it would be better to use the audio of the singer's CD.
As I did not have in hand, I used the audio of the video, which is the same as the CD but with noise from the shooting environment.

Extract audio from the video that is best, to use as a basis to sync the 4 videos.

It can be done in PD16 in the library room, right click on the video and select, Extract Audio.
A new .wav audio file will be created.

Can also be done directly in AudioDirector

Attached image

Gotcha, thanks, I will try that.
Quote I used Multican for 4 videos fullHD 60 (i) worked perfect for me.
Extract audio from video longer to sync.
I used shadow files in the 720x480 option

Thanks for the suggestions, but what do you mean "extract audio from video longer to sync."? Can you re-word that?
Quote In prior versions on PoweDirectory, you could click on an audio track and adjust levels at the point only. This was a very useful feature and easy. I do not seem to be able to do this in PD16. Am I missing something?

Hold down ctrl and click/drag on the point that is created.
Quote I managed to resolve this issue. So for any one with this problem do what I did. Upgrade your video card.

I do not see an obvious way to mark this issue as resolved, but it is laughing

OK, so what video card ended up doing the trick for you?
I have always had bad lag and sync issues while within the PD 16 multicam designer, which I thought were attributed to my slower computer. I now have a new more powerful I7-8700/16GB Ram/GTX 1060 6GB computer, and guess what, same problems. I have never had any lag/sync issues on the timeline...only in the multicam designer. I am only using two 1080P/60 fps clips. I get lots of stops, stutters, video out of sync while recording issues. I have researched this and am not really finding any direct answers. Surely I cannot be the only one with this issue...What could be the problem?
Quote I've had this issue constantly on pd16, my work around is to reconvert all the clips to the same time code and remember to lock the clips on the timeline

OK thanks for this suggestion. I am going to try the shadow files first, and then figure out how to do what you suggested if necessary.
Quote How can we save modification to transitions in PD 16? For example: Page roll is ltr and I need rtl which can be done with one transition bu then you have to modify every time. If you have 10 images and you want them to roll rtl you have to modify 10 times. That's real time consuming and a pain.

Yes, just right click on the transition you wish to modify in the transition room...make the tweaks you desire...then do a SAVE AS.
Oh, I should add that this only works on certain templates. For some reason there are some templates that you cannot modify.
Quote OP have you tried producing .mov files in 1080P?

Hi BrewCityRider -
Last time I could produce any .MOV file in PDR was PDR14.

LeonBirder -
What camera is it you're using to record those .MOV files?

Cheers - Tony

I have an inexpensive secondary camera to my GoPro called the Fitfort action camera, which only records in the .mov file format. It is actually proving to be an excellent camera. Got it for around $60 on Amazon.
I should have mentioned that my clips are HD 1080/60 FPS. I also just had a thought...maybe I need to use low res shadow files. I currently do not have shadow files turned on. I may try that the next time I am editing new footage. What do you think...am I on the right track here?
Quote Thanks guys. I wasn't trying to do a transition I was just trying to fade out. I had to right click on the video and enable fade in and out than in the pip designer the fade in and out option showed up and I just deselected fade in and it worked. Thanks again!

Glad that worked for you. I just use the fade transition from the Transition Room at the end of most of my vids. It works even without another clip to fade to.
OP have you tried producing .mov files in 1080P? I regularly use .mov files in 1080P/60 FPS without issue in production. I have the latest 2313 build, but I didn't have trouble even before the update.
I bring two video clips into the multi-cam designer and use the audio from my main camera to sync them up, which usually works great - the final product is perfectly synced. The problem I am experiencing though is while in the designer and switching back and forth between the two clips, the audio is out of sync by several frames. Like I stated, it is synced beautifully in the final product, but being out of sync in the designer makes it difficult to know just where to switch back and forth to get the clip just the way I want it. What can I do about this if anything?
Go to: