Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I fade my video out
Failrunner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2017 10:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Without having to do things like adding a black image to the end of the clip like I do on my phone. If I right click on the clip there's an option to fade in and out but not just fade out. I can't even adjust the fade in the beginning of the clip to not fade in. It only fades in faster! This is a simple option that even windows movie maker has and apparently this software used to have in the pip designer. For the love of god I just wanna simply fade in my video without silly workarounds!!! Argh. Lol. Anyways thanks.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Go to the transition room and get the transition "Fade". Drag it to the start of your clip. and drop it there. You can adjust the duration of the fade. The same works at the end of your clip. Between clips, the transition fades from one clip to the other.

Have a look at the preferences. You can set the standard duration of transitions there.

Hatti

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2017 12:00

Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Without having to do things like adding a black image to the end of the clip like I do on my phone. If I right click on the clip there's an option to fade in and out but not just fade out. I can't even adjust the fade in the beginning of the clip to not fade in. It only fades in faster! This is a simple option that even windows movie maker has and apparently this software used to have in the pip designer. For the love of god I just wanna simply fade in my video without silly workarounds!!! Argh. Lol. Anyways thanks.
The easy way is to use the Fade transition in the Transition Room ( F8 ) in 'All Content'. It is also found in General. You can also use Keyframes to make the video fade in or out.

How fast the fade action, depends on the Duration for Transitions set in Preferences > Editing. You can also adjust the duration on the timelne, Select the transitioin, click Duration on top of timeline.

You place Fade at the beginning for a Fade In and at the End of the Video for a Fade Out.

Hatti posted before I did.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 22. 2017 12:15

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Without having to do things like adding a black image to the end of the clip like I do on my phone. If I right click on the clip there's an option to fade in and out but not just fade out. I can't even adjust the fade in the beginning of the clip to not fade in. It only fades in faster! This is a simple option that even windows movie maker has and apparently this software used to have in the pip designer. For the love of god I just wanna simply fade in my video without silly workarounds!!! Argh. Lol. Anyways thanks.

Hi

All you need to do is highlight the clip, click on designer, above the timeline, select PIP designer, and in the window that opens tick fades. Then you have an option for fading in and out. 10 seconds or less to do. However, for non "fade to black" fades, Hatti's suggestion of using "fade" transition in the transition room is better. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Failrunner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2017 10:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks guys. I wasn't trying to do a transition I was just trying to fade out. I had to right click on the video and enable fade in and out than in the pip designer the fade in and out option showed up and I just deselected fade in and it worked. Thanks again!
[Post New]
Quote Thanks guys. I wasn't trying to do a transition I was just trying to fade out. I had to right click on the video and enable fade in and out than in the pip designer the fade in and out option showed up and I just deselected fade in and it worked. Thanks again!

Glad that worked for you. I just use the fade transition from the Transition Room at the end of most of my vids. It works even without another clip to fade to.