Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multicam Designer lag
[Post New]
I have always had bad lag and sync issues while within the PD 16 multicam designer, which I thought were attributed to my slower computer. I now have a new more powerful I7-8700/16GB Ram/GTX 1060 6GB computer, and guess what, same problems. I have never had any lag/sync issues on the timeline...only in the multicam designer. I am only using two 1080P/60 fps clips. I get lots of stops, stutters, video out of sync while recording issues. I have researched this and am not really finding any direct answers. Surely I cannot be the only one with this issue...What could be the problem?
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
I used Multican for 4 videos fullHD 60 (i) worked perfect for me.
Extract audio from video longer to sync.
I used shadow files in the 720x480 option XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
[Post New]
Quote I used Multican for 4 videos fullHD 60 (i) worked perfect for me.
Extract audio from video longer to sync.
I used shadow files in the 720x480 option

Thanks for the suggestions, but what do you mean "extract audio from video longer to sync."? Can you re-word that?
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for the suggestions, but what do you mean "extract audio from video longer to sync."? Can you re-word that?

In my case…
To synchronize audio it would be better to use the audio of the singer's CD.
As I did not have in hand, I used the audio of the video, which is the same as the CD but with noise from the shooting environment.

Extract audio from the video that is best, to use as a basis to sync the 4 videos.

It can be done in PD16 in the library room, right click on the video and select, Extract Audio.
A new .wav audio file will be created.

Can also be done directly in AudioDirector

Attached image
[Thumb - multican.jpg]
 Filename
multican.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
322 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2018 09:04

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
[Post New]

In my case…
To synchronize audio it would be better to use the audio of the singer's CD.
As I did not have in hand, I used the audio of the video, which is the same as the CD but with noise from the shooting environment.

Extract audio from the video that is best, to use as a basis to sync the 4 videos.

It can be done in PD16 in the library room, right click on the video and select, Extract Audio.
A new .wav audio file will be created.

Can also be done directly in AudioDirector

Attached image

Gotcha, thanks, I will try that.