Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multi-Cam Designer Audio/Video Sync Issue
[Post New]
I bring two video clips into the multi-cam designer and use the audio from my main camera to sync them up, which usually works great - the final product is perfectly synced. The problem I am experiencing though is while in the designer and switching back and forth between the two clips, the audio is out of sync by several frames. Like I stated, it is synced beautifully in the final product, but being out of sync in the designer makes it difficult to know just where to switch back and forth to get the clip just the way I want it. What can I do about this if anything?
[Post New]
I should have mentioned that my clips are HD 1080/60 FPS. I also just had a thought...maybe I need to use low res shadow files. I currently do not have shadow files turned on. I may try that the next time I am editing new footage. What do you think...am I on the right track here?
Midimannz [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Aug 28, 2013 19:18 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I've had this issue constantly on pd16, my work around is to reconvert all the clips to the same time code and remember to lock the clips on the timeline

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2017 13:36

[Post New]
Quote I've had this issue constantly on pd16, my work around is to reconvert all the clips to the same time code and remember to lock the clips on the timeline

OK thanks for this suggestion. I am going to try the shadow files first, and then figure out how to do what you suggested if necessary.
vidbasketballeditor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2018 14:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having similar issues as BrewCityRider in using multi-cam with 2 videos. I've tried to make them as similar as possible (25-30k bit rate, 60fps, 1920x1080, mp4, etc...).

My system has an i7 cpu, dedicated graphics card (780 gtx), 16GB of ram, and files are on an SSD.

I deleted all shadow files and recreated them. They are low res files. I set the preview at standard (not hd).

Still it is choppy when trying to toggle between camera views. It is fine on the final product, but difficult to tell what I'm doing when switching between cameras.

I have a standard 7200rpm hard drive that I think is slower than my SSD, but the last thing I can try is to put the files there and create shadow files on that hard drive.

Multi-cam is fun, but not this way. Also - it would be nice to be able to adjust the speed when doing this rather than only in 1x time. Am I missing where that option is?

Seems like there must be some other issue going on here as far as the choppiness in switching between videos since I'm using low res shadow files. Some other system configuration option, maybe?

Appreciate the help - I'm new at using PowerDirector.

One other thing - I've noticed that it seems to switch fine until either I line the videos up using markers (to synch them), or when I start recording.

How about shadow files on one disc and writing to a separate disk - would that help?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2018 21:19