Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Which specific clip did you have trouble with?

I use Sony camera clips in .MTS format, 1920x1080 50p, 25kbps, 6-channel audio 448kbps 40kHz;
and clips from Gopro Hero 4 in .MP4 format, 1920x1080 50p, 29kbps, audio 2 channels stereo 123kbps 48kHz;
WAV 48kHz stereo audio file that gave me cracks in playback that I had to convert to AAC 48kHz 384Kbps and solved for now.

Thanks anyway,
Antonio
Quote If in the settings I put 5.1 channels, already from the playback in the timeline the audio quality is horrible with many cracks.
It seems absurd to me that having video clips recorded in MTS in 5.1 channels, it is not possible to edit videos in MP4 AAC5.1. Cracks disappear when edited in stereo and exported to stereo.

Absurd.

I have tried everything.
But am I the only one who has this problem?
Should I buy a sound card? If I buy a sound card, do I fix it?
Do you have any advice?

Thanks, Antonio.

I "solved it" by converting the music downloaded from shutterstock from .WAV to .AAC!
Why?
If in the settings I put 5.1 channels, already from the playback in the timeline the audio quality is horrible with many cracks.
It seems absurd to me that having video clips recorded in MTS in 5.1 channels, it is not possible to edit videos in MP4 AAC5.1. Cracks disappear when edited in stereo and exported to stereo.

Absurd.

I have tried everything.
But am I the only one who has this problem?
Should I buy a sound card? If I buy a sound card, do I fix it?
Do you have any advice?

Thanks, Antonio.
I had the same problem over the weekend. Windows did an update on Friday night. I uninstalled the latest windows update, and everything is back to working perfectly.
Thank you all for the comprehensive answer.
I am thinking of changing my computer, but at the moment there is no GPU and CPU at a market price. So I decided to wait a little longer and see how the situation evolves.
Thanks again everyone.
Antonio
Hi all, I am looking to buy a professional video card. Specifically a Radeon Pro WX 2100 or 3100 or 4100.
Anyone know how this card works with Powerdirector?
Thank you all.
Antonio
Quote FWIW I've used PD fo 10+ years and have made >1000 videos and not once have I ever needed to pan the audio.

However, it's clearly a useful tool and you can let Cyberlink know you'd like to see that functionality be added to Audio Editor from Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu.

I add to the discussion by saying that it is not only useful to manage pan from right to left, but also from front to rear.
I followed the procedure to request this implementation from PD. A procedure that Pinnacle has always allowed.
Thanks.
Antonio
Quote I waited for years that PD does better in this regard. But it's still pretty limited.
I have a system with dual CPU (8 core/16 virtual each), 64GB of RAM and a GTX1080. None of those get to be used at max.

Hi everyone.
Soon I have to buy a new computer that I will assemble with a Ryzen 5900x cpu, 32 gb ram, Radeon 5700XT, SSD M2 .....
Now I'm wondering, reading these comments, if it's worth it?
Isn't there anyone who can compare PC performance with various configurations, as many do using Davinci or Premiere? I add, why are there no comparisons of how PD works on MAC M1?
Thank you all.
Antonio
Quote I'm just a user, so my thoughts don't count. I was letting you know what is available in PD concerning independent audio channel control.

If you want CL to maybe hear your opinion, use File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions from within PD.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I didn't think I'd ask PD directly, I just did. In fact, it's the best way to help them implement the software for the best.

Antonio
Quote One would have to use CL's separate but integrated AudioDirector for that channel effect and control. The playback in PD would reflect changes but one cannot control independent channels within PD.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply.
I do not think it is fair that to have this functionality I have to buy another software at a cost of 97 euros.
It should be a function to be implemented directly in PD, in the Audio Mixing Area panel, so, for example, you could better manage the spoken track, making it come from the front channel, or the effect making it come from the surround channel.
Pinnacle has always allowed you to control individual audio channels, including DaVinci Resolve and others.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks Antonio
Hi everyone, I've been using PD for years with great results and satisfactions, but the program would need to be able to manage the audio in its spatiality, let me explain. If I apply an audio clip, I would like to be able to hear it from the right to the left channel, as well as from the front to the rear channels, so that I can better simulate the spatiality.
A greeting.
Thanks for your answers but I only want to know whether cyberlink is planning to release a version of PD on MacOs.

This is the forum of Powerdirector and not the forum on PC Vs MacOs.

I love PD but I am just considering switching from PC to MacOs for a number of reasons (including design).

Cheers Antonio
Dears,

do you know if will be available a version for MacOS soon?

I need to purchase a Mac ASAP and I do not want switch to Final Cut or use virtual machine or other.

I need to use the full Power of the MacOS system and his optimized hardware, normally used by professional users.

thanks

Antonio and Alberto
Go to: