Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio 5.1 with many cracks!
Antonio1975 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2017 10:23 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
If in the settings I put 5.1 channels, already from the playback in the timeline the audio quality is horrible with many cracks.
It seems absurd to me that having video clips recorded in MTS in 5.1 channels, it is not possible to edit videos in MP4 AAC5.1. Cracks disappear when edited in stereo and exported to stereo.

Absurd.

I have tried everything.
But am I the only one who has this problem?
Should I buy a sound card? If I buy a sound card, do I fix it?
Do you have any advice?

Thanks, Antonio.
Antonio1975 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If in the settings I put 5.1 channels, already from the playback in the timeline the audio quality is horrible with many cracks.
It seems absurd to me that having video clips recorded in MTS in 5.1 channels, it is not possible to edit videos in MP4 AAC5.1. Cracks disappear when edited in stereo and exported to stereo.

Absurd.

I have tried everything.
But am I the only one who has this problem?
Should I buy a sound card? If I buy a sound card, do I fix it?
Do you have any advice?

Thanks, Antonio.

I "solved it" by converting the music downloaded from shutterstock from .WAV to .AAC!
Why?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Which specific clip did you have trouble with?
Antonio1975 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Which specific clip did you have trouble with?

I use Sony camera clips in .MTS format, 1920x1080 50p, 25kbps, 6-channel audio 448kbps 40kHz;
and clips from Gopro Hero 4 in .MP4 format, 1920x1080 50p, 29kbps, audio 2 channels stereo 123kbps 48kHz;
WAV 48kHz stereo audio file that gave me cracks in playback that I had to convert to AAC 48kHz 384Kbps and solved for now.

Thanks anyway,
Antonio

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2021 07:27