Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Panning Audio Left & Right directly in PowerDirector
windstead [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2020 22:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know if it is possible to pan audio left/right directly in Powerdirector. It seems very silly to have to move an audio track into Audio Director to use a simple panning function. How are you suppose to synchronize events in your video with audio placement when you have to pan independently in a second program? If anyone has an answer to this would appreciate it!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
AudioDirector can be invoked directly from any timeline clip by right-clicking on it and choosing AudioDirector, which is the best tool for this task. It also shows a video preview which may help with syncing the pan to the video content:

You can also open PD's built-in Audio Editor the same way, and while it lets you work on the individual audio channels independently, there isn't an easy way to pan.

If you really want to stay in PD, you could use A E to mute one channel then copy the clip and mute the other so you'd then be able to use volume keyframes as needed to pan across them with them both synced on the timeline.
windstead [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2020 22:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the answer. I think this is definitely something PowerDirector needs to add into their next update. It's a very cumbersome process for something so simple but important in Video production.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
FWIW I've used PD fo 10+ years and have made >1000 videos and not once have I ever needed to pan the audio.

However, it's clearly a useful tool and you can let Cyberlink know you'd like to see that functionality be added to Audio Editor from Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu.
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
In Audiodirector you can pan audio also here:
[Thumb - Untitled.png]
 Filename
Untitled.png
[Disk]
 Description
panning
 Filesize
183 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
31 time(s)
Antonio1975 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2017 10:23 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote FWIW I've used PD fo 10+ years and have made >1000 videos and not once have I ever needed to pan the audio.

However, it's clearly a useful tool and you can let Cyberlink know you'd like to see that functionality be added to Audio Editor from Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu.

I add to the discussion by saying that it is not only useful to manage pan from right to left, but also from front to rear.
I followed the procedure to request this implementation from PD. A procedure that Pinnacle has always allowed.
Thanks.
Antonio