Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio is silenced
azehavi [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2020 04:41 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I have imported a m2t file to the timeline.
Unfortunately the audio is not heard.
The audio of the file is O.K. I can hear it not in this program.
Any help will be appreciated.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You have to use windows 10 in order to hear the Dolby Digital stereo audio in the .m2ts files. No option whatsoever to hear DD5.1 audio.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are many possible reasons, and you can start with this post and read down to the one from patmoore1946 to see if any of those suggestions help.
azehavi [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2020 04:41 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Tomasc,
I have converted the file from m2t 5.1 to mp4 stereo and now it works O.K
m123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2021 15:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You have to use windows 10 in order to hear the Dolby Digital stereo audio in the .m2ts files. No option whatsoever to hear DD5.1 audio.

I already use windows 10 but still have the problem. Is there any other sollution?
ELMO5530 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2014 10:08 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I also use Windows 10.

No sound in .m2ts files in PD19.

I have over 4000 files to edit.
I do not want to transcode first to stereo.

In PD14 it worked flawlessly. But there is no hardware acceleration for produce.

Any ideas or solutions?

edit:
The audio is DolbyDigital 5.1
The video plays with audio in other applications in Windows 10
 Filename
00204.MTS
[Disk]
 Description
Sample file
 Filesize
16032 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
79 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 20. 2021 02:39

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have Win10 and have no trouble with MTS or M2TS clips from my Canon cameras.

If you have a sample clip that's smaller than 100MB, you can use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload it directly. If it's larger than that, upload it to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link to it here. See this FAQ for more details
Antonio1975 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2017 10:23 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem over the weekend. Windows did an update on Friday night. I uninstalled the latest windows update, and everything is back to working perfectly.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
I have imported a m2t file to the timeline.
Unfortunately the audio is not heard.
The audio of the file is O.K. I can hear it not in this program.
Any help will be appreciated.

Dear All,

We received the following message from CyberLink:

"Per our study, it seems that the aforementioned Windows cumulative update causes series of compatibility issues after the OS is updated.

Here is the known issue announcement by Microsoft for user reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/april-13-2021-kb5001330-os-builds-19041-928-and-19042-928-cead30cd-f284-4115-a42f-d67fec538490

Users are advised to uninstall certain Windows 10 cumulative update: KB5001330 manually by following steps and check if the condition persists:

1. Open Start menu and click on the cog icon to open Settings > Update & security.
2. Click on the View Update History
3. On the Windows Update history page, click on Uninstall updates.
4. On the prompt screen, user will be presented with a list of recent Windows Updates. User can search “KB5001330” through all of the installed/active updates using the search box at the top right.
5. Select the update.
6. Simply click the Uninstall button.
7. Click Yes on the confirmation box to uninstall the update.
8. Reboot user system to finish the process.
9. Open PowerDirector
10. Import the video file and check if the condition persists[/list]

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 20. 2021 05:12

ELMO5530 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Dear All,

We received the following message from CyberLink:

"Per our study, it seems that the aforementioned Windows cumulative update causes series of compatibility issues after the OS is updated.

Here is the known issue announcement by Microsoft for user reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/april-13-2021-kb5001330-os-builds-19041-928-and-19042-928-cead30cd-f284-4115-a42f-d67fec538490

Users are advised to uninstall certain Windows 10 cumulative update: KB5001330 manually by following steps and check if the condition persists:

1. Open Start menu and click on the cog icon to open Settings > Update & security.
2. Click on the View Update History
3. On the Windows Update history page, click on Uninstall updates.
4. On the prompt screen, user will be presented with a list of recent Windows Updates. User can search “KB5001330” through all of the installed/active updates using the search box at the top right.
5. Select the update.
6. Simply click the Uninstall button.
7. Click Yes on the confirmation box to uninstall the update.
8. Reboot user system to finish the process.
9. Open PowerDirector
10. Import the video file and check if the condition persists[/list]

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

Unfortunately, the problem persists after uninstall of KB5001330
optodata
[Post New]

At the bottom of that page, Microsoft clearly states that this update cannot be uninstalled using the standard uninstaller because it contains a servicing stack update, which is permanent.

Even though the update appears in the uninstaller and apparently reports that it has been uninstalled after the user tries, I believe it can only be removed using the DISM commands shown in the article. This may explain why some people are reporting that the problem exists after "uninstalling" the update.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2021 12:47

optodata
[Post New]
I've done some more testing, and on my main desktop system it's clear that KB50000842 (from around Mar 31) is also involved.

As far as I can tell, it's the combination of the latest PD365 build plus KB5001330 plus KB50000842 that caused DD5.1 audio to disappear in PD - so people will either need to use a restore point or (manually created) system image backup to go restore their system to the way it was around Mar 30, or use the DISM command to remove KB5001330 then use the normal uninstaller as described in PDM's notes above to uninstall KB50000842.

Only after I'd removed both of these updates was I able to hear DD 5.1 audio in PD365. I'm using the test clip from the other thread.

Note that you'll also want to pause all Windows updates for at least a couple weeks so there's time for these issues to settle and possibly be patched.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Actually, the KB5001330 update is uninstall-able per the steps cyberlink given without using DISM.
However, Windows 10 will automatically install it back to suck the system again.

To temporarily block the problematic update from installing again, the official solution that offered by Microsoft (the Show & hide update troubleshooter) is a dead link....
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-reinstalling-in-windows-10-33882ad6-8859-ae74-8c83-19219ef19cc1

After you uninstall the KB5001330 update manually, you may try download the Microsoft tool from the following 3rd-party website to hide the KB5001330 update further:
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/wushowhide.html

Microsoft really likes to piss users off with this auto-update design.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 21. 2021 03:38

ELMO5530 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I've done some more testing, and on my main desktop system it's clear that KB50000842 (from around Mar 31) is also involved.

As far as I can tell, it's the combination of the latest PD365 build plus KB5001330 plus KB50000842 that caused DD5.1 audio to disappear in PD - so people will either need to use a restore point or (manually created) system image backup to go restore their system to the way it was around Mar 30, or use the DISM command to remove KB5001330 then use the normal uninstaller as described in PDM's notes above to uninstall KB50000842.

Only after I'd removed both of these updates was I able to hear DD 5.1 audio in PD365. I'm using the test clip from the other thread.

Note that you'll also want to pause all Windows updates for at least a couple weeks so there's time for these issues to settle and possibly be patched.

How did you remove KB5000842?
If I select the KB then I have no Uninstall button.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote How did you remove KB5000842?
If I select the KB then I have no Uninstall button.

Sounds like you may not be on the correct Settings page. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > View Update History > Uninstall updates. That should bring up this tool view where you should be able to select and uninstall KB5000842:

ELMO5530 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sounds like you may not be on the correct Settings page. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > View Update History > Uninstall updates. That should bring up this tool view where you should be able to select and uninstall KB5000842:

De

I was on that page but neither as in your example the button Uninstall appears next to Organize.
How did you do it if there's no button?

meanwhile I restored to standard Win10.
I postponed the updates so the fore mentioned updates are not installed.

then I installed PD19 and patch 2808.

Result is very disappointing after all the work: No sound.
I posted a sample file as attachment earlier.
can anyone test this if they can hear sound?

thanks all for your effort.

I contacted the technical Helpdesk. So far the solutions they came up with did not work.

In another thread I read that the licenses of Dolby expired in 2016.
why then was Dolby support removed?
in PD14 it works without a problem.

Most (better) cams from Sony still produce clips with Dolby Digital 5.1

also in Win10 I can play m2ts Dolby 5.1 without a problem.

I use Win10 Home Build 19042.906

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 21. 2021 12:59

optodata
[Post New]
Quote I was on that page but neither as in your example the button Uninstall appears next to Organize.
How did you do it if there's no button?

You have to click on the selected update. I'd already uninstalled it so I couldn't show that in my screenshot.

Quote I posted a sample file as attachment earlier.
can anyone test this if they can hear sound?

Sound is present for me with both KBs uninstalled:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2021 13:17

ELMO5530 [Avatar]
[Post New]

You have to click on the selected update. I'd already uninstalled it so I couldn't show that in my screenshot.

Sound is present for me with both KBs uninstalled:

Very frustating to hear the sound in your clip. I also see the waveform in the audio chanel in the track.

Yes, I did click on the selected update. No Update button appeared.
The update was in the list of Microsoft Windows.
In that list none of the updates can be unistalled on my system.
If I select other updates higher in the list than the Uninstall button appears.
I can't show you because now I have a clean install of Win 10 home (restore in a HP Omen system)

I see that you have PD365. Maybe there is a difference between PD365 and PD19?

I went back to a Win10 installation without the KB5001330 plus KB50000842.

I checked that in PowerShell with: DISM /online /get-packages
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I see that you have PD365. Maybe there is a difference between PD365 and PD19?

That's possible.

I'm sorry that you've had to go through so much effort. I don't know why you weren't able to uninstall the KB updates, and then after doing a full reinstall you still can't get DD5.1 sound. I don't know if CL will be able to address this with any kind of patch, but at least they're aware of the problem thanks to you reporting it to them.
optodata
[Post New]
Great news! the HotFix just posted by PDM lets PDR365 play DD5.1 audio again on my Surface Book 3 even with both problematic KB updates installed