Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I do know that Intel's drivers for the G35 chipset do not support HW acceleration...this will be available in the G45 chipset due out in 2-3 months. But with your Q6600, you should be still be able to playback fairly smoothly. The only other thing I can think of is perhaps picking up an ATI 3450 card. It supports full 1080p HW acceleration and HDMI and is around $50-$60. You'll lose LPCM audio pass through, though as it only supports 5.1 AC3 audio.
what hardware are you using?
Argh! Can't stand seeing these canned responses. Exact same thing is said when there is BD or HDDVD title that doesn't play in PDVD. Ah well. I hope this fixes your issue. I personally have not experienced with my drive.
Depending on your hardware setup...

1. Turn off HW acceleration
2. Go into advanced video settings
3. Change smart deinterlacing to always deinterlace
4. In the drop down, choose 'Pixel Adaptive'
5. click 'Okay'
6. Turn on HW acceleration

I figured this out by trial and error (CL support was not helpful). The above steps allowed my system with an ATI HD2600XT card to play all BD and HDDVD titles without a hitch. I hope this works for you.

Eric
Personally, I wouldn't blame the software. I'd blame the Blu-ray Consortium for releasing Blu-ray before it was ready for public consumption. The whole profiles debacle has created a moving target for all parties involved...BD profile 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, BD Live...When will it end? Just be happy that you didn't go out ans spend $400-$1200 that is instantly obsolete because you can't update the firmware (many, many first and second gen hardware BD players). At least HDDVD had a finalized spec and therefore ran into fewer problems out in the wild.

My suggestion...uninstall PDDVD, clean out your video drivers and reinstall them (rebooting after each) and see if that helps.

In my system set up I have had no problems playing any BD or HDDVD titles since upgrading to the 3730 (knock on wood).
'3:10 to Yuma' should play fine as well as other BD Profile 1.1 titles. You'll have to use your keyboard to navigate the BD-J menus.
Yes, it will say 'Deluxe'. As long as the title screen (the one with all the logos and the woman' has 'Ultra' on it then you have the correct version. The normal 'Deluxe' version doesn't have 'Ultra'.

Eric
Pressing the 'B' button with HDDVD titles marks the point for the 'My Scenes' feature of HDDVDs. I believe after that you can actually go to 'My Scenes' in the interactive menu and play just the bookmarked scenes all in a row. I have yet to try this out myself as I just installed v3704. Unfortunately, this latest build still doesn't work with the BD title '3:10 to Yuma' along with other BD Profile 1.1 releases as of late.

Eric
The A, B, C and D buttons I suppose function as the same buttons found on the remotes that ship with hardware HDDVD players. Reading some of the features of some movies the 'B' button functions as a bookmarking button when marking scenes for playback.

Btw, where did you download this latest build?
This is most likely because 'War' was developed with BD Profile 1.1, in mind. Makes the playback kind of intermittent, especially with the menus and such. I have reported this to them so hopefully a fix will be out soon (I've been told next week).

Eric
Hmmmm...I've never had an issue with their email support...though, you do have to log into the members area and check because their system doesn't seem to send out a reply notification.
My HTPC:

HTPC v2.0: Intel E6600|2GB RAM|(2)250GB (OS) + (3)500GB WD SE16 SATA (RAID0)|Gigabyte HD 2600 XT w/ Silentpipe II|(1)Hauppauge PVR 500|(1)ATI TV 550 Pro PCIe|LG GGC-H20L Blu-ray/HD DVD Drive|Harmony 890 Pro|Windows Vista Home Premium|BTV 4.7.1 w/DVD Plug-in|BTV Link 4.7.1|AnyDVDHD|Nero 8 Ultra Edition|PowerDVD Ultra 7.x

With this set up I have flawless playback of both Blu-ray and HDDVD discs. Even the latest releases are glitch free. The things that make the difference are RAM, CPU and videocard...the card uses ATI's UVD which hardware accelerates video for 1080p streams. Love it.
Go to: