Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Ultra 3730 fix and issue
Gianluca_Rigotti [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2007 15:14 Messages: 75 Offline
[Post New]
Here with my usual thread, every time I found a new build of PowerDVD.

This new build seems to be close to the last 3516. I have not seen particular benefits in playback or long-time bug fix.

There are 4 new buttons that appears in the vontrol bar during hidef playback. If the media is bluyray the buttons are in different colors, if the media is HDDVD the buttons are letters: A, B, C and D.
I try to press the buttons during plauback, but nothing happend... Anyone know something?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2008 04:42

Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2007 22:59 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
The A, B, C and D buttons I suppose function as the same buttons found on the remotes that ship with hardware HDDVD players. Reading some of the features of some movies the 'B' button functions as a bookmarking button when marking scenes for playback.

Btw, where did you download this latest build?
[Post New]
I read of this build in the Slysoft forum. Then I wrote to Cyberlink support asking a link for download. They answer me just yesterday sending the link.
The new build is a full installer, not an updater.

I just try to use the "B" button in "Transformers" and when I press appear a little window, I suppose to make the bookmark active. I don't know how to recall now...
Eric [Avatar]
[Post New]
Pressing the 'B' button with HDDVD titles marks the point for the 'My Scenes' feature of HDDVDs. I believe after that you can actually go to 'My Scenes' in the interactive menu and play just the bookmarked scenes all in a row. I have yet to try this out myself as I just installed v3704. Unfortunately, this latest build still doesn't work with the BD title '3:10 to Yuma' along with other BD Profile 1.1 releases as of late.

Eric
[Post New]
I change the title of the thread after the new patch 3730 posted form CL.
Installed over 3704 and everything seems ok... But I'll try tonight to find some bugfix.
[Post New]
I see two movies last night, bluray Surf's Up and hddvd Transformers. I'ts incredible but the player seems to be more fluid on my system. It's a long distance form perfection, but a single step ahead is better than none.
Jon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 05, 2008 04:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Can this new build (3730) play BLU RAY and HDDVD movies from the hard disk?
Thomas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2008 21:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

After the patch, 3:10 to Yuma will not play (menu up to the movie but no movie). Also Pirates of the Caribbean "At Worlds End" will not play (Menu but no Movie).

Transformers in HD looks fantastic!!!!! It seems that HD movies are Playable, but BLU-RAY are hosed ....

We need a fix on Blu-ray. Otherwise what a waste of money and time..

Eric [Avatar]
[Post New]
'3:10 to Yuma' should play fine as well as other BD Profile 1.1 titles. You'll have to use your keyboard to navigate the BD-J menus.
Thomas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2008 21:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the tip, but I have already tried the navigation by keyboard and still no go.
I have update the firmware on the player and have updated the PowerDVD as stated above and still no joy.
HDDVD runs great, very disappointed in Blu-RAY software. When you pay for Ultra (which was extra) you should get results.
Eric [Avatar]
[Post New]
Personally, I wouldn't blame the software. I'd blame the Blu-ray Consortium for releasing Blu-ray before it was ready for public consumption. The whole profiles debacle has created a moving target for all parties involved...BD profile 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, BD Live...When will it end? Just be happy that you didn't go out ans spend $400-$1200 that is instantly obsolete because you can't update the firmware (many, many first and second gen hardware BD players). At least HDDVD had a finalized spec and therefore ran into fewer problems out in the wild.

My suggestion...uninstall PDDVD, clean out your video drivers and reinstall them (rebooting after each) and see if that helps.

In my system set up I have had no problems playing any BD or HDDVD titles since upgrading to the 3730 (knock on wood).
Deezer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2007 15:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought Transformers HD DVD and then tried to watch it with XBOX360 drive/PowerDVD/Win XP Pro -combination. There was no picture at all after menus. Then I downloaded 3730 -patch. Movie started but it was really choppy, like a PowerPoint presentation. With every HD DVD movie I own it is now the same thing. Even "old" Poseidon -disc which played smoothly before is now unwatchable.

When I opened task manager it was clear the reason was CPU overload: 98-100%. It seems PowerDvd can no longer use my AGP-Ati Radeon HD2400 Pro´s hardware acceleration.

What PowerDVD version should I try next? It is quite clear previous installed version (3120) can not play Transformers. Is there some kind of workaround solution even if there is no "permanent" fix?

This is not nice: I have legally bought software, equipment and disc but I can´t watch movie... It has not been easy with PowerDVD. Is buying a standalone player only "reasonable" way to watch HD DVD´s?