Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Ultra Issues w/3730 patch
Wayne [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2008 05:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Power DVD guru's - I'm having an issue with the PowerDVD software that I'm hoping you guys may have seen before.

I recently built an HTPC (Specs at the bottom) and bought and installed PowerDVD Ultra from the website. I put in multiple movies both in Blu-Ray and HD and most worked fine with the previous build before 3730. I was unable to watch BD 310 to Yuma and HD Transformers. On the 310 to Yuma I was unable to access the disk past the menus and on the HD Transformers it was extremely choppy.

A popup came up saying that there was an update for my software (3730) and I downloaded and installed it. Now, no matter what movie I play I have the choppiness and 310 to Yuma still doesn't work. If you guys have any idea's please let me know. All HDCP compliant equipment in-line.

Specs

OS - Vista Ultimate 32bit

Asus P5E-VM HDMI (G35 Chipset)
Intel Quad Core Q6600
Corsair XMS DDR800 2 Gig
LG GGC-H20L
Thermaltake Pure Power 650

Samsung 1080P LCD
Wayne [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's an update on the issue

Last night I uninstalled Cyberlink PowerDVD as well as the video driver. I installed the latest video driver from the intel site and reinstalled Cyberlink and applied the 3730 patch.

I threw in Open Season and it was still choppy. I then tried Transformers and it was also choppy. So I decided to go ahead and try 310 to Yuma to see if the patch corrected the menu so you could actually play the movie. While watching the previews Rambo etc. it was still choppy but I decided to let the movie play. The menus worked fine as advertised and the movie played flawlessly with no choppiness at all.

So I don't understand why all other movies Open Season, Transformers, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, etc all have the choppiness and even the previews on 310 to Yuma but the actual movie doesn't. Any Ideas?
Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2007 22:59 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Depending on your hardware setup...

1. Turn off HW acceleration
2. Go into advanced video settings
3. Change smart deinterlacing to always deinterlace
4. In the drop down, choose 'Pixel Adaptive'
5. click 'Okay'
6. Turn on HW acceleration

I figured this out by trial and error (CL support was not helpful). The above steps allowed my system with an ATI HD2600XT card to play all BD and HDDVD titles without a hitch. I hope this works for you.

Eric
Wayne [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still having the same issues - Tried different settings on PowerDVD nothing changes. It's still really choppy with the new patch. I can't install the current patch without it causing havoc on all movies both BD and HD again with the exception of 310 to Yuma the actual movie plays fine but the previews are choppy. Seems that it fixed the BD profile issue but broke whatever was previously working in the last realease before 3730.
Eric [Avatar]
[Post New]
what hardware are you using?
Richard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2008 12:50 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Specs

OS - Vista Ultimate 32bit

Asus P5E-VM HDMI (G35 Chipset)
Intel Quad Core Q6600
Corsair XMS DDR800 2 Gig
LG GGC-H20L
Thermaltake Pure Power 650

Samsung 1080P LCD

Wayne,

What graphics card do you have? or are you using the onboard HDMI that comes with this motherboard?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24. 2008 06:39

Eric [Avatar]
[Post New]
I do know that Intel's drivers for the G35 chipset do not support HW acceleration...this will be available in the G45 chipset due out in 2-3 months. But with your Q6600, you should be still be able to playback fairly smoothly. The only other thing I can think of is perhaps picking up an ATI 3450 card. It supports full 1080p HW acceleration and HDMI and is around $50-$60. You'll lose LPCM audio pass through, though as it only supports 5.1 AC3 audio.
Wayne [Avatar]
[Post New]
Richard,
I'm using the onboard HDMI port.

Eric,
Thanks for the feedback. I think going with an add-in card that supports HDMI may be my only way forward. I'm still confused through on way the previous build plays movies fine with the exception of Transformers and 310 to Yuma due to the profile issue and when I throw on the 3730 patch the movies that used to play fine now don't.

Thanks again for all the help. If I figure it out or one of the patches corrects the issue I'll be sure to post.