Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I received a refund last night because I was told by Customer Support that the Deluxe Version would not work on my computer.

I apologize for having two kind of contradictory threads going.

I installed the trial version because I thought that was Ultra and I wanted to try it before I purchased it.

I am truly not trying to waste anybody's time here, you have all been very helpful. I know I have had many questions about this program and I thank everyone here for being so helpful.
I have received a refund for Deluxe as support has told me it will not run on my computer.

I installed the Trial version of PD10, as I want to try Ultra before I purchase it. When I try to open it I get a runtime error. Can anyone help?
Just a quick question ...
Is it my graphics card. I was reading somewhere you need an 8000 or a 9000.

The information on this site is so confusing. I just need to wait for you guys to help me.

They are telling me that I cannot run Deluxe on my system and I need Ultra, yet it says on the website Deluxe will run on a 64 bit system.

Then it writes in one place that you need an 8000 or 9000 graphics card and yet I just found this ..

NVIDIA:

GeForce 8500GT and above
GeForce 9800GT and above
GeForce GT/GTS/GTX 200 series
GeForce GT/GTS/GTX 400 series
GeForce GT/GTS/GTX 500 series

So I assume I am okay with my graphics card or you all would have said something. Sorry, just frustrated it will not work. I was so excited to get the new computer!
Did some searching ... see below post.
Nope, didn't work.

I was told by a representative that Deluxe is not compatible with 64 bit and I need to request a refund.
That is an awesome feature!! I am sorry but I am really new to this ...

How do you browse to the folder where the project resides?
I definitely sent the report every time it crashed and it said it was sent successfully.

What do you mean the Edit Workspace? Do you mean where you work on the timeline? The program will not open. I get only as far as choosing "Full Edit" it crashes then.

I don't know if it will help to know this but I can open Wave Editor
Bubba, do I need to put that "pak" where I would want it then or it would not matter if I moved it once it was packed?

Anytime you add items you would need to re-pak, correct? Just delete the other pak then I assume or would that remove the first items you pak?
I am not at home so I cannot see what Quicktime I have. I just got this computer and had it all set up and a larger video card put in it. One would think it is all recent and updated but I will definitely check!

FredB, I purchased PD10 as a download and then paid for the back up disc that is offered when you purchase the program from Cyberlink..
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
-<CrashInformation VERSION="1.0"><ID Value="40AE1855-4A1B-4A07-B4A1-62C1434E3F76"/><UUID Value="S-1-5-21-2662128999-683385175-122088089-1000"/><SR Value="VDE110927-04"/><ProductName Value="PowerDirector"/><AppName Value="PDR10.exe"/><AppVersion Value="10.0.0.1012"/><Is64BitOS Value="1"/><OSName Value="Windows 7 Home Premium Build 7601"/><GDICount Value="742"/><VMSize Value="320 MB"/><VGAName Value="NVIDIA GeForce GT 430" DriverVersion="8.17.12.7533"/><ModName Value="aticfx32.dll"/><ModVersion Value="8.17.10.1047"/><ExceptionCode Value="0xC0000005"/><Offset Value="0x000257F1"/><SendLogUrl Value="http://boomerang.cyberlink.com/prog/util/boomerang/sendlog.jsp"/></CrashInformation>

This is the message I get for the crash
I had this installed on my old computer. Just got a new one, installed it and it will not open. Un-installed and re-installed but it will still not open. I get the opening screen to choose full editor or easy or slide show. It then crashes.

From having it open before I know that it is 10.0.0.1012
SR VDE110927-04

I think I have narrowed down my choices.

Panasonic HDC-TM90

HD Video Format proprietary 1080.60p and AVCHD 1080/60i

SD Video Format iFrame (540/30p)

Frame Rate(s) 60i, 60p, 30p (iFrame)

Primary Audio Format Dolby Digital (2ch)

or

Canon Vixia HF M41

HD Video Format AVCHD

Frame Rate(s) 60i, 24p Progressive (records at 60i), 30p Progressive (records at 60i)

Primary Audio Format Dolby Digital 2 channel (AC-3)

I am getting a new computer, hopefully it will be ready soon, and I will put that information up then.
Another good tip. Thank you. Everyone is so helpful here!
Thank you
What do you mean extra memory (like you can make longer videos?) and slower? It will render slower or respond slower? And is it a really noticeable difference?
I am in the market for a new camcorder. I have been doing some research to see which ones are better for what we are doing and I thought I would ask here if there are any camcorders that seem to work better with PD? It seems like some people have trouble with certain brands or types and PD.

Thanks!
I will remember that for future use, thank you! I was just so excited to start I did not put them where they belong first!

Again, thank you.
I was working on a video of photographs video. I had so many pictures and stuff in the library I removed some as I put them in so I could just concentrate on the ones that I had not used yet.

After working on it for a while I also decided to move some of the original photos and video from the desktop and into my "Pictures" folder.

I went back after moving the pictures and half my video was black! Soooo ... I have gotten most of it back to the way it was but it took a very long time.

I was wondering if this happened because I removed the pictures from my PD library or if it is because I moved them from their original source? Or because I removed them from my PD library AND moved them from their original source.

Anyone know?
You have all been very helpful. I know nothing about computers as I am sure you can tell.

I have been able to figure out where the information is regarding my Video Card and if I am reading this DX thing correctly it states I have only 241 MB of Dedicated memory and you are telling me I should have 1 G? I believe I do have the Nvidia brand though.

What kind of processor do I have .... I suppose the kind you said not to have. How do I communicate that I want an i5 or i7?

Will it say somewhere that it is a SATA hard drive? and what is Large?

Andrew, you sound very knowledgeable but I did not understand a word you said.

Quote:

1. i5 or i7 Intel based machine (1st generation will work), do not get an i3 processor. Or at LEAST an AMD Phenom II X4
2. Desktop NOT a Laptop
3. Nvidia graphic card with at LEAST 1GIG of dedicated video memory (Nvidia cards work best with Intel CPUs, ATI cards work best with AMD processors (see #1 above)
4. Get a large SATA hard drive. Do NOT use a solid-state drive (SSD). SSD does not work well with non-linear editing systems (NLE) like Powerdirector.

I hope that helps you.

It did work finally. Thank you. My husband changed something to make PD the top priority or something like that? No clue.

I HATE Vista, I did not choose it. If I change to Windows 7 will it help?

Is there anything I can do to make it better that is not going to cost a ton of money?
Go to: