Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best Camcorder
Chjoni [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2007 22:08 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I am in the market for a new camcorder. I have been doing some research to see which ones are better for what we are doing and I thought I would ask here if there are any camcorders that seem to work better with PD? It seems like some people have trouble with certain brands or types and PD.

Thanks!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chjoni ,
I think you should be more specific with your question and perhaps state a group of cameras you're looking at and allow editors to then comment on how they
a) find the camera
b) how the footage is dealt with by PowerDirector 10

You could also follow that up with a request for a sample video from the camera (members will/might give 5 to 10 second clips) and you could then test your computer with it. HD footage being very resource hungry.

I would also suggest you post a diagnostic file of your computer for editors to evaluate in conjunction with your camera selection. Part B: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

I'm just looking at your request from a different angle. I fully understand you want to know more before you buy and use.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 13. 2011 05:26

Chjoni [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2007 22:08 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I think I have narrowed down my choices.

Panasonic HDC-TM90

HD Video Format proprietary 1080.60p and AVCHD 1080/60i

SD Video Format iFrame (540/30p)

Frame Rate(s) 60i, 60p, 30p (iFrame)

Primary Audio Format Dolby Digital (2ch)

or

Canon Vixia HF M41

HD Video Format AVCHD

Frame Rate(s) 60i, 24p Progressive (records at 60i), 30p Progressive (records at 60i)

Primary Audio Format Dolby Digital 2 channel (AC-3)

I am getting a new computer, hopefully it will be ready soon, and I will put that information up then.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 13. 2011 16:18

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I bought the JVC 670 with 32GB internal mem. and a SDHc card slot also recently it has good LoLux video setting anf Hi-Def quality is excelllent.
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 13. 2011 17:32

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!