Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving Original Photo's
Chjoni [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2007 22:08 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I was working on a video of photographs video. I had so many pictures and stuff in the library I removed some as I put them in so I could just concentrate on the ones that I had not used yet.

After working on it for a while I also decided to move some of the original photos and video from the desktop and into my "Pictures" folder.

I went back after moving the pictures and half my video was black! Soooo ... I have gotten most of it back to the way it was but it took a very long time.

I was wondering if this happened because I removed the pictures from my PD library or if it is because I moved them from their original source? Or because I removed them from my PD library AND moved them from their original source.

Anyone know?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
When you move them on your computer PD can't find them. It's best to put them where you want them before importing them into PD. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Chjoni [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will remember that for future use, thank you! I was just so excited to start I did not put them where they belong first!

Again, thank you.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I will remember that for future use, thank you! I was just so excited to start I did not put them where they belong first!

Again, thank you.

Once you have the media where you intend to keep it while editing, you can use Browse for the location of your media.

When you first start the Project file, PD will ask to Browse or Cancel, choose Browse then navigate to your media.

Once PD has found the media, save the project file.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Chjoni [Avatar]
[Post New]
Another good tip. Thank you. Everyone is so helpful here!
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Also if you pak your project, everything needed for that project will be save in one place. __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Chjoni [Avatar]
[Post New]
Bubba, do I need to put that "pak" where I would want it then or it would not matter if I moved it once it was packed?

Anytime you add items you would need to re-pak, correct? Just delete the other pak then I assume or would that remove the first items you pak?
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Bubba, do I need to put that "pak" where I would want it then or it would not matter if I moved it once it was packed?

Anytime you add items you would need to re-pak, correct? Just delete the other pak then I assume or would that remove the first items you pak?

If you move a packed project, opening the project file will produce a complaint from PD; but if you browse to the folder where the packed project currently resides it will rebuild the project with the new location.

Neat feature. Jerry Schwartz
Chjoni [Avatar]
[Post New]
That is an awesome feature!! I am sorry but I am really new to this ...

How do you browse to the folder where the project resides?
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: That is an awesome feature!! I am sorry but I am really new to this ...

How do you browse to the folder where the project resides?

You'll get a dialog box with a browse button. Jerry Schwartz