Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I'm sorry that your backup didn't work. That was the right thing to do, because the download links expire after 30 days as explained in the very first FAQ.

With COVID-19, it may take additional time for customer service to respond, but that's the only way to get a legitimate copy.

Once you have the installer and any additional content packs, copy them to a portable USB drive or upload them to OneDrive or Google Drive so you'll always be able to access them again if needed.

They answered via telephone n sent me links. Downloading now. Tjanks. Will save em again.
I apologize if this isn't where my question is suppose to be. I've looked everywhere on my acct page to redownload the prior versions I paid for, I see the serials in my Products but no download option. I had burnt them onto a disc when I purchased them and registered them at Cyberlink but when trying to put folder on disc onto desktop for installation they read NO ARCHIVES. So I can either look for pirated copies online and try to see if putting in my serials would activate them but I don't want to go there. I pay for all my stuff. Can I get some assistance?
Quote Maybe somebody can help. For the longest time, I used version 11. I was happy with it, it did good work, and it was fine. Then I thought how much more fun I could have if I updated to version 15. I wish I had just left it alone with edition 11.

After installing, I tried to activate and got the message that it could not becuse a connection to the server could not be activated. So I contacted customer support. I recieved this:

Winsock Reset in Windows 8

Move the mouse to the upper right-hand corner of the screen to make the vertical menu bar appear. Click Search.

Type “cmd” in the search bar and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

Right-click on cmd in the search results for Programs, and select Run as administrator. Depending on your computer settings, you may be asked to provide an administrator password before you can continue.

A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type “netsh winsock reset” and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

Wait for the Command Prompt to run through the reset. Once it’s
complete, you’ll see the message “Winsock reset completed successfully”.

Restart your computer to finish.

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. I moved onto the second suggestion:

If doesn't help, check if regkey is deleted.1. Run Regedit.exe2. In Registry Editor, go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector153. Find the regkey "CDKey" (if the regkey is deleted, create a "String Value" regkey and name it "CDKey")4. Double click it and fill the CDKey manually.5. Launch PowerDirector 15 again.

Again, no luck. So I moved onto the third suggestion:

If condition persists, please provide us the PDRChecker tool for PowerDirector15.
[64bit OS]PDR15: http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/tool/PDR/ActivationChecker/x64/PDR15Checker.exe

and the results were: Checking startedChecking account rightsChecking record dataChecking CDKeyChecking APREG dataAPREG data is brokenChecking Hosts fileChecking finished

I did this several days ago and have recieved no reply. So, just wondering if anybody here has insights or ideas. I'd love to get caught up on some projects I'm working on.

Thanks

sAME THING HERE BUDDY. i'M GIVING UP. No response from no1 at Cyberlink. They're quick to take our money, but seems like they don't stand behind their product. It's a shame, they're such a big company. Maybe we should report them to the BBB. I'm giving them til Friday. If nothing, then I'll get my $$$ back and go with Corel. They pick up a phone and remote access ur PC..
Quote Hi,

This link has helped others in a similar situation, it might be worth trying if you are confident of editing the Registry.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63628.page#post_box_297949

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.

Thanks. Went into Regedit as instructed, and when opening PD16, it still asked for me to put in Serial and I did leading to the same CAN'T CONNECT message I posted above. Why can't Cyberlink respond to my pleas?? Can you assist me? I have my order number and all info emailed to me. Some1 said there was a clean install tool like Corel and other programs have.

There were for earlier versions but not listed for PD 15. Have you tried the Uninstall in Windows?

Are you having problems uninstalling the program? Are you upgrading? The newere version will uninstall what needs to be uninstalled but does not get rid of anyithing useful from the old versions.

If you really want to get rid of everything, I have used REVO Unstaller (Moderate Mode only). It is free. There is a Pro version trial that will use the built in uninstaller and then search you computer for rgistry items and folders. Make sure you select what you want to uninstall.

When you create a thread, it is much better if you provide a little more background so anyone who wants to reply can give you a better answer for what you need. Take the time to help us help you !

I'm also looking for a Cyberlink Power Director Cleaner tool so that I can do a clean install and start using my new Power Director 16 Ultra. It doesn't let me activate it reading can't connect to server. I'm clearly online, have turned off my VPN and have made windows firewall aware of Cyberlink. I have posted on their FB page, tried calling but only get 3rd party resellers, I've even opened up a support ticket and saw that I can call them if I pay for those services. Cyberlink is a reknown company, you would think they'd answer a customer and assist them. If I don't hear back from them by Friday, I'll just ask for my money back and Blog about them as much as I can. Sad. It's like as soon as they get our money, it's over, Bye-Bye..
Quote Hello! I fixed that problem editing the HOST file.

I have the same problem. Doesn't connect to server even though I added them to Windows Firewall. Just purchased Power Direstor 16 Ultra and CAN'T Use it. There's no number to reach them,unless you PAY, Asknet doesn't know anything about Tech stuff. Facebook it is. I'm thinking bout just getting my money back. SMH.
Go to: