Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Contact Support To Activate PowerDirector"
[Post New]
Hi everyone.

After using the trial version for two weeks I'm loving PD16, but I can't activate my copy that I purchased during the New Year sale.

My error message used to say can't access the activation server but now says directly contact support to activate.

I haven't had a response after submitting my ticket for nearly 10 days; is it usually this slow?

Any help fixing the issue manually would be appreciated but I have tried most methods already on these forums.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2018 23:41

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I have had a ticket in to both Cyberlink and their pay vendor Asknet since January 7th.
Haven't heard a sound from them.
This is a little unusual, and YOUR case is simply ridiculous.
If you do not hear from them soon, take your info and go to their Facebook page and set them straight in public, firmly but nicely.
That is my next move, an international company should be more responsive. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote I have had a ticket in to both Cyberlink and their pay vendor Asknet since January 7th.
Haven't heard a sound from them.
This is a little unusual, and YOUR case is simply ridiculous.
If you do not hear from them soon, take your info and go to their Facebook page and set them straight in public, firmly but nicely.
That is my next move, an international company should be more responsive.

Nice to know I'm not alone!
Juech [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2018 19:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello! I fixed that problem editing the HOST file.
Skillygilly101 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: NYC Joined: Apr 04, 2017 01:19 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello! I fixed that problem editing the HOST file.

I have the same problem. Doesn't connect to server even though I added them to Windows Firewall. Just purchased Power Direstor 16 Ultra and CAN'T Use it. There's no number to reach them,unless you PAY, Asknet doesn't know anything about Tech stuff. Facebook it is. I'm thinking bout just getting my money back. SMH.
[Thumb - CBL connect error 2.png]
 Filename
CBL connect error 2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
499 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - CBL connect error.png]
 Filename
CBL connect error.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
436 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2018 23:48

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

This link has helped others in a similar situation, it might be worth trying if you are confident of editing the Registry.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63628.page#post_box_297949

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.
Skillygilly101 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: NYC Joined: Apr 04, 2017 01:19 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

This link has helped others in a similar situation, it might be worth trying if you are confident of editing the Registry.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63628.page#post_box_297949

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.

Thanks. Went into Regedit as instructed, and when opening PD16, it still asked for me to put in Serial and I did leading to the same CAN'T CONNECT message I posted above. Why can't Cyberlink respond to my pleas?? Can you assist me? I have my order number and all info emailed to me. Some1 said there was a clean install tool like Corel and other programs have.
[Thumb - CBL connect error.png]
 Filename
CBL connect error.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
436 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2018 17:42

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

We have received information that customer service has responded to your inquiry now, so please look at your ticket and resolve it there.

If the suggestions in this thread do not work, then through customer service is where you need to resolve it.

FYI, to all other users, CyberLink Customer Service responded this inquiry within 8 hours of when it was submitted.

This old thread will be closed to use as a reference.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do