Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Activation Problem
[Post New]
Maybe somebody can help. For the longest time, I used version 11. I was happy with it, it did good work, and it was fine. Then I thought how much more fun I could have if I updated to version 15. I wish I had just left it alone with edition 11.

After installing, I tried to activate and got the message that it could not becuse a connection to the server could not be activated. So I contacted customer support. I recieved this:

Winsock Reset in Windows 8

Move the mouse to the upper right-hand corner of the screen to make the vertical menu bar appear. Click Search.

Type “cmd” in the search bar and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

Right-click on cmd in the search results for Programs, and select Run as administrator. Depending on your computer settings, you may be asked to provide an administrator password before you can continue.

A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type “netsh winsock reset” and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

Wait for the Command Prompt to run through the reset. Once it’s
complete, you’ll see the message “Winsock reset completed successfully”.

Restart your computer to finish.

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. I moved onto the second suggestion:

If doesn't help, check if regkey is deleted.1. Run Regedit.exe2. In Registry Editor, go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector153. Find the regkey "CDKey" (if the regkey is deleted, create a "String Value" regkey and name it "CDKey")4. Double click it and fill the CDKey manually.5. Launch PowerDirector 15 again.

Again, no luck. So I moved onto the third suggestion:

If condition persists, please provide us the PDRChecker tool for PowerDirector15.
[64bit OS]PDR15: http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/tool/PDR/ActivationChecker/x64/PDR15Checker.exe

and the results were: Checking startedChecking account rightsChecking record dataChecking CDKeyChecking APREG dataAPREG data is brokenChecking Hosts fileChecking finished

I did this several days ago and have recieved no reply. So, just wondering if anybody here has insights or ideas. I'd love to get caught up on some projects I'm working on.

Thanks
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum

Quote Maybe somebody can help. ...

sorry, no one can help you. only CL Support can.

read customer support FAQ

make sure you've upgraded from same version or higher...

example.

you had a PD 11Ultimate and upgraded to PD 15Ultimate; however,

if you've downgraded to Ultra <- that no can do!

if you bought the full version of PD 15Ultra then you can install.

also if you've purchased from the CL website then you have 30 days money back...

CL refund policy

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
Skillygilly101 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: NYC Joined: Apr 04, 2017 01:19 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Maybe somebody can help. For the longest time, I used version 11. I was happy with it, it did good work, and it was fine. Then I thought how much more fun I could have if I updated to version 15. I wish I had just left it alone with edition 11.

After installing, I tried to activate and got the message that it could not becuse a connection to the server could not be activated. So I contacted customer support. I recieved this:

Winsock Reset in Windows 8

Move the mouse to the upper right-hand corner of the screen to make the vertical menu bar appear. Click Search.

Type “cmd” in the search bar and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

Right-click on cmd in the search results for Programs, and select Run as administrator. Depending on your computer settings, you may be asked to provide an administrator password before you can continue.

A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type “netsh winsock reset” and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

Wait for the Command Prompt to run through the reset. Once it’s
complete, you’ll see the message “Winsock reset completed successfully”.

Restart your computer to finish.

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. I moved onto the second suggestion:

If doesn't help, check if regkey is deleted.1. Run Regedit.exe2. In Registry Editor, go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector153. Find the regkey "CDKey" (if the regkey is deleted, create a "String Value" regkey and name it "CDKey")4. Double click it and fill the CDKey manually.5. Launch PowerDirector 15 again.

Again, no luck. So I moved onto the third suggestion:

If condition persists, please provide us the PDRChecker tool for PowerDirector15.
[64bit OS]PDR15: http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/tool/PDR/ActivationChecker/x64/PDR15Checker.exe

and the results were: Checking startedChecking account rightsChecking record dataChecking CDKeyChecking APREG dataAPREG data is brokenChecking Hosts fileChecking finished

I did this several days ago and have recieved no reply. So, just wondering if anybody here has insights or ideas. I'd love to get caught up on some projects I'm working on.

Thanks

sAME THING HERE BUDDY. i'M GIVING UP. No response from no1 at Cyberlink. They're quick to take our money, but seems like they don't stand behind their product. It's a shame, they're such a big company. Maybe we should report them to the BBB. I'm giving them til Friday. If nothing, then I'll get my $$$ back and go with Corel. They pick up a phone and remote access ur PC..
[Thumb - CBL connect error.png]
 Filename
CBL connect error.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
436 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)
[Thumb - pdcHECKEReXE.png]
 Filename
pdcHECKEReXE.png