Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Dears

to give some feedback from last mail from tech support.

With a dedicated process to send back lot of tech information and diags, they said me issues "might" come from my audio interface .dll file, so called "MOTUProAudioASIO.dll".

This is the audio ASIO driver of my professional audio interface MOTU 828es I just bought 2 months ago...!! They said me to unsintall !!! Of course I WONT, cause I'm playing/editing music a lot as hobby (guitar player)...

I replied that to the tech suport and wait for feed back.

The response I got from the tech support was to update my drivers, since they said they were out of date. However, I typically only take the latest drivers released by Lenovo, the laptop manufacturer, and not the latest and greatest from NVIDIA.

I'm going to change from hybrid graphics to discrete in the BIOS and see if the same thing happens.
Quote harrrrgg... NO No NO

tested with 3 small mp4 in the timeline, add a standard transition and WIN10 CRASHES AGAIN ! frown

OK so really need for a PD18 update frown

Same thing here. I can reproduce by taking a small clip, splitting it, and then adding a transition. I sent my DxDiag file to customer support.
I'm having a similar issue and I can reproduce BSODs when apply transitions between clips. I'm attaching the Dx info. Lenovo P53, 64GB Ram, Core I7-9750h. I wonder if I hybrid graphics is an issue?

PowerDirector 365 18.1.2405.0
I'm using PowerDirector 365 and can reproduce BSODs when placing a transition between two clips. Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can provide to help eliminate the issue?

I think the post below is similar, so feel free to delete this post.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81279.page
Quote If you don't mind foregoing a transiton, you can do this with keyframes. Use the PIP designer on each clip and start each one off the screen. Then use keyframes to move them to meet at the middle. I can produce a short tutorial for you if that would be helpful.

Here is one way to do it using masks and keyframes.
--Jim

Thank you! This works great
I'm wondering how I go about taking two pictures, one comes in from the left, and another comes in the from the right, then stop in the middle. Or for a given picture, split it in half and create the same effect. Does such a transition exist?

Thanks!
Quote Hi bSharpCyclist -

I'll let you judge for yourself...

I made a project in PDR14 (prior to the AAC fix in PDR15) using some sample 96kHz/24bit FLAC files and rendered it as H.264 AVC MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 10Mbps.

Then I rendered that same project to the same profile in PDR15 & PDR16. Also in PDR16, I rendered it with Dolby Digital audio (which is an option in PDR16).

PDR14 version PDR15 version PDR16 (AAC) version PDR16 (DD) version. Audio rendered as WAV (PCM)

If you want to hear what the original FLAC files sound like, you can download them from HDtracks

Cheers - Tony

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I can't say I hear much of any difference between those files In version 15, I'm exporting to MKV with LPCM.
Does anyone know if the AAC audio quality is any better in this version, compared to 15? In 15, I was exporting all files to MKV, and then to MP4 with Handbrake. I know there was a hot fix for 15, but the AAC audio quality was still a bit poor in my opinion. Thanks.
Quote I even managed to get better audio bitrate by using the -b:a 384k option. Hope this helps.

Gosh, yes it does. I thought I had tried this but obviously I hadn't. Many thanks Mikhail

Alan

EDIT - I found the hotfix thread and this does seem to help. Will have to test out some different scenarios.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51067.page

I'm glad I found this thread. I purchased PD15 today and was confused by the poor audio quality for mp4 files. So I decided to create MKV using LPMC, which sound fine in VLC, but after uploading to YouTube the sound was all distored. So I took the MKV file converted to MP4 using Handbrake. That's a lot of work to get a file up into YouTube with quality sound.

The videos being created are those from a Sony FDR-AX33 with sound from a digital piano being feed into it. I sometimes replace that sound from what Pianoteq recorded while playing. Either way, original sound, or replaced sound, creating an MP4 from PD15 sounds horrible.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong
Go to: